After 13 years, a new TV…

I just bought a brand that I thought I'd never touch. Hisense U6G.

A friend does flat screen TV repair, and had positive feedback on the brand.

Watching the Packers win....

Does yours lean back, mine leans back a bit. At first it kind of bugged me but I have gotten use to it, I also have it strapped to the table since it seemed wobbly to me, didn't want my cat knocking it off the stand.
My new 50" Sony X90J is also tilted. The top edge is about 1" further back than the bottom edge. I double checked the instruction sheet to confirm that I installed the stands correctly.

Did a little research and found this support article from Sony UK:

Your BRAVIA TV is designed to be slanted slightly backward in consideration of setting on a low board.

If the TV is set at a low position, your eyes will lower a bit when you sit on a sofa. According to ergonomics, your eyes while sitting are 15 degrees lower than when you are in a usual relaxed state. You will be able to enjoy watching TV programs more comfortably by turning the TV screen a little upward.

Last edited:
I still watch my old CRT's and never been happier.
Same here with one exception. A few years ago the 30-year-old 19" Toshiba color TV in the living room finally died (bad picture tube). Had to replace it with a flat screen since that's all you can get now, so a whopping huge 27" TCL sits in the same space as the old set. Other than that it's CRT sets ranging from 25 to over 50 years old in the rest of the house.

the only hiccup was the new Panasonic 4K BD player; it didn’t want to play nice with my 2008 Denon AVR- or at least I think that’s what the problem was. I exchanged it for its Sony equivalent and no more issues(and I saved $250).

Your not running the HDMI cable through your receiver right?

I remember when we replaced our Tube TV about I guess 8 years ago now man that was heavy lol. As an 11 year old at the time helping my brother in law move it was not fun. Then we got another tv to replace the one that replaced the tube tv about 3 years ago or so. I barely know how to use it I just turn it on and go to a few different channels I don’t know anything about the smart TV part or how to navigate. Not my thing I wish we could go back to the tube tv 📺 haha.

Back