Afe oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but my wife's air filter is 40 bucks!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
shocked2.gif

$40 for the AFE Pro Dry air filter? If so, that is a great price. I'd buy two for that price.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
shocked2.gif

$40 for the AFE Pro Dry air filter? If so, that is a great price. I'd buy two for that price.

Why?

They don't list these (or I couldn't find it) filters in their "Learn More" page.

I'd tend to think that this is just an expanded outsourced side line to increase sales "while you're there". It may be distinctive ..it may not be. I would think if it had any features of merit beyond the welded on square drive installation aid, that they would be proudly boasting about it. I'm surprised they aren't anyway.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
They don't list these (or I couldn't find it) filters in their "Learn More" page.

I'd tend to think that this is just an expanded outsourced side line to increase sales "while you're there". It may be distinctive ..it may not be. I would think if it had any features of merit beyond the welded on square drive installation aid, that they would be proudly boasting about it. I'm surprised they aren't anyway.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's a champ labs filter?

i found a bit more on another site: http://www.lagunaspeed.com/product/676/A..._key=&car_year=

•5,000 Miles of Ultimate protection
•99.4% Efficiency without Restriction
•Exclusive Nut/Ratchet Feature for Easy Removal
•One-Stop Shopping for all your Diesel Duty Filtration Needs
•aFe - The Performance Diesel Market Leader
•Filters down to .05 microns

FEATURES & BENEFITS:

A. 1" outside, 3/8" inside nut/ratchet drive for easy removal.

B. Heavy-duty 600lb. canister

C. Heavy-Duty coil spring on diesel applications

D. Wire-backed media provides strength

E. NF21 synthetic composite material provides maximum engine protection with minimal flow restriction

F. Heavy-duty center tube provides maximum flow

G. Anti-backflow valve to reduce damage during cold starts

H. Heavy-duty .100"-thick base plate for extra strength

I. Heavy-duty Nitrile rubber gasket for a leak-free seal

I like the air filters, and since I'm looking to do some long drains soon, I'd consider this filter.

Quote:

Possibly. While they tend to be the most frequently seen with a drive feature on the dome end (K&N), it's not alien to other filter man's in things like drain taps for fuel filters and whatnot. That is, I imagine that any of the majors would easily have this capability at a price. Champ appears to be the king of name branding and custom badging, though ..at least over so many diverse names.

The Laguna link is, oddly enough, posting an image of a fuel filter on the page where they're offering to sell you an oil filter. I was trying to place the construction ..but was coming up blank. I couldn't grip onto the grey end caps.
LOL.gif

product_photo-large_image-897.jpg

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

Possibly. While they tend to be the most frequently seen with a drive feature on the dome end (K&N), it's not alien to other filter man's in things like drain taps for fuel filters and whatnot. That is, I imagine that any of the majors would easily have this capability at a price. Champ appears to be the king of name branding and custom badging, though ..at least over so many diverse names.

The Laguna link is, oddly enough, posting an image of a fuel filter on the page where they're offering to sell you an oil filter. I was trying to place the construction ..but was coming up blank. I couldn't grip onto the grey end caps.
LOL.gif

product_photo-large_image-897.jpg

LOL!

Originally Posted By: badtlc
shocked2.gif

Why?

Why? Because it is one of the better performing washable filters out there. It has great flow and good filtration. It's only knock when compared to an AEM Dryflow is it doesn't have the capacity. That is OK. You just have to wash it more often than the AEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back