Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

-

-

-

-

-

I'm just wondering when he'll trade this Maybach in on a 57 S which recently debuted at the Geneva auto show. This beast has a 6.0 liter engine that puts out over 600 HP.

-

Dr. Haas,

What kind of doctor are you? Whats your specialty? Just curious...

Thanks,

JMH

I actually have the larger anti-sway bars off the 57 S and a few other tweaks as well.

My specialty:
Plastic and reconstructive surgery.

I still cant believe they put the alternator at the bottom where it is most susceptible to water ingress.

-

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
I still cant believe they put the alternator at the bottom where it is most susceptible to water ingress.

I think Haas said this thing has a water cooled alternator, so the unit is no doubt sealed. A conventional alternator is only "open" to water ingress because of its air cooled design.

How do you actually pronounce Maybach?

Some people told me that it should be said as "Moy-bach" (moy like coy) and some told me to call it "May-bach".
confused.gif

I just took a peek under the front of the car. It is all completely covered. There is no way any water can splash up onto the engine. For that matter I do not see where the airflow runs out from under the hood. I will get the car on the lift when it is time to change into Red Line. I'll take pictures and give a full report. I will get to the bottom of this issue.

aehaas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back