Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm the pics are not coming up for me
confused.gif

Bravo!
worshippy.gif

Very Nice Doc!
fruit.gif
Mrs. Haas, seems to enjoy the details of the cars also?
wink.gif

Please tell me about the picture of the cam lobes. I presume it is the Ferarri, they look scored a bit to me,
nono.gif
, I hope not!

Have you seen the post from the Audi Club, and the report on 3.5 levels on shear? Your thoughts please. Paul

The HTHS of the 0W-20 Mobil 1 (in my Ferrari) is 2.6 so I guess I do not worry too much about that 3.5 number - using today's oils and today's additives. I think that the Ferrari is working fine with this oil. For the Maybach I will be using Red Line 5W-20 and it's HTHS is 3.3. 'No worries on my part. The HTHS of the recommended 0W-40 Mobil 1 is 3.4 and it always seems to thin with fuel dilution in a lot of high performance cars.

If I had to use an API SH rated oil then I would certainly run an oil with a HTHS of 3.5.

The cam lobe shot is interesting. When I was loaned a Maybach for 2 weeks before mine came in I took a picture of that car as well. It had about 4,500 miles on the odometer. You are seeing my car on delivery with 175 miles on the clock. The factory test drives every car. Anyway both photos look exactly the same.

I asked the "Maybach mechanic" (whom I trust) what he thought of the cam lobes and he said they do all look like that. Apparently they are supposed to look as that but I am going to monitor them anyway and take pictures as time goes on. These are roller cams and what is equally interesting is that the rollers have no visible wear at all, none.

aehaas

Is that yellow car your lamborghini? Should trick it out with Honda Civic door hinges.
grin.gif

worshippy.gif
Nice setup, doc.

I hope that Maybach comes equipped with Maybach Guard. Otherwise I'd be apprehensive of making myself a prime target for abduction.
wink.gif

Wonderful cars and home but I do have one question.

With the wheels off the ground hanging in the air, isn't undue stress being put on the suspension bushings? I would think a lift that supports the wheels is better.

Regards,
Brian

quote:

Originally posted by Big John:
Love that garage for sure.!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense Dr,but I pictured you A L O T older...

Considering his specialty, maybe it's an example of "Physician heal thyself" in action.
grin.gif

On another note, alternators on the bottom right are nothing new for Mercedes. They have been doing it that way for years even before plastic underpanels.

-brian

quote:

Originally posted by brian:

With the wheels off the ground hanging in the air, isn't undue stress being put on the suspension bushings? I would think a lift that supports the wheels is better.

All lifts today are of this type except for wheel alignment. Any time you are working on a suspension or the wheels, brakes or steering you need the wheels off the ground. No worry but I would not store the car this way.

aehaas

quote:

Originally posted by AEHaas:

quote:

All lifts today are of this type except for wheel alignment. Any time you are working on a suspension or the wheels, brakes or steering you need the wheels off the ground. No worry but I would not store the car this way.

aehaas

ae...

If you were doing plastic or reconstructive surgery on me I would want you to be a "smartest person."
grin.gif
(By the way, how are you at automotive body work?) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Now if I could just talk you into never using oils with an HT/HS of less than 3.6. (I'm upping my HT/HS "floor" because of those marvelous machines you own.)

Ferrari NA has been with me from the start. They have been following my progress. It is a long story. Give me a call if you have to know the details.

The USA Lamborghini tech people also know me since I am using the 0W-30 M1 in the Murcielago instead of the factory recommended 5W-40 Agip.

The MB people in Montvale NJ are not thrilled I am putting the Red Line 20 wt oil in the Maybach but I am willing to give it a try. We shall see.

aehaas

So Ferarri will warrenty your engine if the unthinkable were to happen? I must say I am on the thicker side of things when it comes to oil, but if you are willing to run 0w-20 in a brand new Ferarri, and Ferarri approves it and will warrenty the engine, I may really have to change my thinking...
cheers.gif

Thanks for the clarification. I had the impression that you were storing a car that way! I am not so much interested in your vanguard approach to viscosity as I am in your selection of low HT/HS oils. Mercedes has long specified higher HT/HS oils > 3.5.

-brian

quote:

Originally posted by AEHaas:

quote:

aehaas

Couldn't really see the house, but I bet it's beautiful too. I'll be happy with the Lambo, Ferrari and a Caddy (for grocery getting.) Nice garage too!

There has to be some kind of honorary avator placed under the good doctor's screen name.This simply cannot go unrecognized.

quote:

Originally posted by farrarfan1:
There has to be some kind of honorary avator placed under the good doctor's screen name.This simply cannot go unrecognized.

I'm the one who designs all the board avatars and should Dr. Haas decide to donate to the cause, I'll be glad to design him a real nice one.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back