advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomorrow is my day off, and iam going to change oil on the car, owners manual recomends auto trans fluid change at 50k, and iam close to that. car is a suzuki metro, should i drain what i can from the pan it has a plug. take it in for a complete flush,or drop the pan, do it that way ?
dunno.gif

Based upon my experience at 50,000 miles drain the fluid via the plug and see what comes out. If the fluid is basically clean, ggod color and does not smell burnt then I would refill with a synthetic atf and wait until the next one to drop the pan and clean the magnet and filter.

If dirty looking you can do a second drain in 2000 miles or so (don't use a synthetic the first time due to cost) and keep on going.

Flushes can cause problems and the filter should be changed after the flush not before but no shop wants to do that.

Add 6 ounces of Auto-Rx to your existing automatic transmission fluid. Drive 1000 miles.
Find a Jiffy Lube or equivalent and have them T-Tec your transmission, now you have cleaned not only the top half , also the torque converyer and
refilled with new ATF Fluid. Your seals are refurbished your internal leaks are stopped, and your car shifts like new.

What Frank suggests will cost you $100-$150. As long as they are willing to drop the pan and replace the filter after the flush and you are willing to spend that kind of money for a perfectly fine operating tranny then go for it.

Normal maintenance pull the plug and do a drain and fill.

Respectfully, Spector is WRONG on this one. It has been shown that Auto-RX has a disbursing and cleaning capability in Engines, and now Auto trans and hydraulics.

While Dyson Analysis did not test for the trans applications, many of my customers have used a minimal Auto-RX application in ATF with excellent results. Most have NOT followed Franks suggestion and change filter and drain/install fresh fluid. Still their shift issues are gone with 3 to 6 oz.s of Auto-Rx.

Your suggestion Spector leaves out the typical residual particles and varnish that ends up trapped in the valve body causing problems. Auto-Rx mitigates that constant issue in AT's,safely.

Honestly,I appreciate your opinion Spector but you have a wild hair towards Frank and his unique product and it shows !

This product is REAL or I would not stake my reputation on publicly praising it.

I certainly didn't get rich testing it !!!!!

The only filter you change in a transmission cleansing with Auto-Rx the top end which is changed in any transmission service. The T-Tec inserts a hose in your ATF fill pipe and suctions out all the "Crud" and uses the same hose to fill your transmission with new ATF Fluid. Contrary to another post there is no pan to drop. And the cost is not prohibitive and you time is conserved.
Auto-Rx is guaranteed to work to your satisfaction or there is N/C how can you be in harm's way ? Terry Dyson is not for sale and he is not ignorant. Perhaps his comments should be
given the credit they deserve. There is nobody on this board that has the operating experience with Auto-Rx that "Dyson" has or knows the "poster's any better. When Auto-Rx contracted with Dyson Oil Analysis for testing Auto-Rx part of the agreement was he get's paid and if it is just another "Non Performer" in the world of oil, he would tell one & all and he still get's paid. I agreed to these terms. So Dyson tells his experiences based on fact.Worth your time to think about it.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:

Honestly,I appreciate your opinion Spector but you have a wild hair towards Frank and his unique product and it shows !!!!!!

Sorry, I did not condemn his product. I gave common sense advice to an everyday maintenance issue for a perfectly fine operating transmission. I also said if money not an issue to go for it.

I am not the one with the wild hair on this one!

bubba, shucks we've wasted half your day on your project and still I didn't answer your question.

If you are willing to do it yourself here's my recommendation; install 6 oz.s of Auto-RX and run 1000 miles to clean trans.

THEN drop pan,change filter, reinstall. Measuring the old fluid in pan into a milk bottle type container. Install that amount of new ATF back into AT. Disconnect BOTH ATF cooler lines at radiator and place a container or pan under each line end.( Helps to have an assistant). Start engine, shut down after 1 or 2quarts have come out one of the lines. Refill exact amount of fresh fluid in trans ( keeps air out of system).

Start engine again and repeat until clean fluid is showing out cooler line. This is messy and time consuming but will purge all old ATF from trans and TQ converter. Your car is small so it will be relatively quick to purge. Reinstall cooler lines and start car,cycle through gears, place in park and check level per owners manual. Check for leaks. Top up as neccessary after driving and heated up. Don't overfill.

You just safely flushed the whole system, no T-TEC $ cost and Auto-RX cleaned out residual crap.

I've been pulling a cooler line and doing the ole' "3 quart drain with running engine and add 3 more" for years...to many different vehicles...NO PROBLEMS...even if you do get a bit of air for a couple of seconds it won't hurt anything...it's not under load and the bubbles disperse fairly quickly...after this procedure I drop the pan,change the filter,add the rest of the new ATF,seal,check level-GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back