Advice on making the old lady see reason. RE vehicle shopping

I guess there is nothing to trust then. I thought about it because it claims "Low stock market correlation, In a volatile market, our investments are usually unaffected by stock market movements". Remember, even doing nothing assumes a risk.

Buy CD's I guess. Just trying to help.

Man, after reading all of that, I wanted to divorce your wife for you. LOL. Just kidding. It sounds like you can easily afford the truck you want. I don't envy you in your position and I have to admit that I wouldn't be able to handle your situation with your wife. My ex-wife used to do that to me too. Anything I wanted to buy no matter what, brought out an automatic "no" from her but it was okay if she bought stuff. I eventually just started buying what I wanted. Probably one of the reasons we got divorced later on. LOL

Hopefully this truck you found will work out and she can be okay with the price.

After a major headache with mostly the selling dealer (some with my wife but not bad), Truck is Home. I’ll explain the disaster that went down with the dealer later on. Thanks for all that posted.

So here is the story...

I had a 1000$ deposit on the truck to hold it. This truck is in NH and I live in RI (about 110 miles). My house was on mandatory state quarantine because my wife caught covid 19. It was 2 weeks they agreed to hold it. The day before I was going to go up, I was asking details about the financing and what the payment would be, and they were higher than what my math came out to be. I figured I’d be paying taxes out of pocket so I did not include that in the financing. When I address these concerns I then learn that another salesmen has a “backup” deposit on the truck and offered more money than their asking price and was then sold from under me. I was FURIOUS. I had several colorful choice words for the sales manager and he ended up hanging up on me. Without exaggerating at all, for the options it has, the truck was the best deal in the continental US. I searched nationwide. That is why I was so mad.

So I continue searching, and keep seeing the same truck come up but with a different price (2500$ more) than original. So I text the salesman and ask what the deal was and I was told it was still available and was relisted for 2500$ more because the “other buyer” couldn’t get financing ( I was already approved).

As bad of a taste they left in my mouth, it didn’t change my feelings on the Truck. So again, put another deposit down to hold it for 1 day, to stop the people from buying it that day that were coming to see it. I expressed my concerns to the salesman I was dealing with about it getting sold AGAIN and he assured me it won’t, he “hid the truck and keys”. Ok, whatever.

So I go up there and I ask to pay for the original asking price since we already had a deal (sales manager wanted to add 8,000$ to price as it was underpriced as it is) but my salesman was able to go over sales managers head and get the owner to agree to original asking price plus cost of the new tires (1200$). They did a lot of maintenance work (wear items, brakes, batteries etc) prior to me buying it. I agreed and then bought the truck.

Modern diesels have huge repair costs. Get a gasser. It does not hurt it to wind out to even 5K RPM climbing hills.

Modern diesels have huge repair costs. Get a gasser. It does not hurt it to wind out to even 5K RPM climbing hills.
He's a diesel mechanic, most of the cost is probably labor. Plus your advice is too late, he already bought the truck.

Back