Advice for engine oil Subaru ImprezaWRX 2.0T 224hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can you help me to choose oil for Impreza WRX 2004.

In my regiaon I can`t find Shell Rotella. This is most popular engine oil review in youtube for the car.

Last edited:
After looking around Royal Purple is now sold in Bulgaria, along with Castrol. I'd use a 10w-40 or 5w-40, but don't know if the EJ20 is really hard on oil. I've had good results with Royal purple in my RX-7.

I know the brand, but in our contry they don`t have a distributor.

I can find AMSoil, Motul 300V ... Yes ..threr Royal Purple too I forgot that

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DibroTeam
Hi,

In my regiaon I can`t find Shell Rotella. This is most popular engine oil review in youtube for the car.

Check if you have Shell Rimula 5w40 full syn in your region.

Rotella is called Rimula in Europe.

Hi,

I'd use any of the german made oils in 0W40, german oil may be easier to find in your country

Forget Rimula R6M for this car, just use any MB 229.5 5W40 you can find.

Total Quartz 9000 Energy is on the thick side of a 5W40 and is usually the cheapest with Shell Helix Ultra 5W40.

I run Castrol Edge 0w40 in my 2005, and it loves it. I've run Rotella 5w40 and Pennzoil Platinum 5w40 as well. I used to run 5w30's in it, but the 40 weight oils seem to quiet the engine noise a little.

No need to recommend him US-Spec oils because he could not find them over there.

There rimula, but it`s 10w40 and 15w40

As the other members stated, all you need is ACEA A3/B4/C3.

If the engine is modified, I know that there are several EJ20/25 owners in Europe/Middle east use 10w60. You can try that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back