Advanced Auto Parts Cuts Out Redline Motor Oils (Clearance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advanced is going to stop carrying redline oils...as they aren't selling.

This of course means the current stock is discounted at 5.95/qt.

Grab them while you can!

(Btw the one off georgia ave in MD is now completely void of all redline 5w-20 [I cleaned it out]) so don't bother going to that one
smile.gif

[ February 15, 2005, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: crossbow ]

Just bought a quart of Redline for $5.95 at the Livonia, MI, Advance Auto. They have maybe 20 or so quarts left in various grades if anybody wants some. Great deal.

I'm not surprised. Given Redline's niche marketing they need to be in speed shops and other specialized sales oriented car places. Redline simply does not have the customer mindshare to make it in a high volume chain store like Advance Auto, Kragen, PepBoys, etc.

John

If it were 5 bucks even, I'd jump on it. 6 bucks a quart... eh... I dunno. I think I'll stick with M1 0w40, especially if I can find it at 2 bucks a quart at AutoZone.

Advance Auto has a $1 per quart rebate on Redline, max 12 quarts, on purchases made by 4/30/05. The rebate coupons are with the rest Advance Auto coupons in the store.

I stopped by Advanced last night and picked up 1 quart of 5W-30 Red Line for $5.95. It also looks as though this is a regular price and the oil is not being discontinued.

I'm gonna use this stuff like an "additive" rather than an actual oil. Maybe have it make up no more than 20% of the sump capacity in a few applications.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
I'm gonna use this stuff like an "additive" rather than an actual oil. Maybe have it make up no more than 20% of the sump capacity in a few applications.

--- Bror Jace

I like that idea. I have a half quart mixed with 4 qts NAPA synthetic in wifes Aerostar right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back