Advance Auto Wearever Gold Ceramic brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all my research on brake pads I ended up purchasing WearEver Gold Ceramics from Advance Auto Parts. Main reason I chose them is the lifetime warranty and price point($46). I was surprise to see the fronts are manufactured in Mexico and rears were manufactured in USA. I am glad they weren't made in China or Taiwan.

Rear:

Front:

Both front and rear:

With flash:

I am mainly just sharing photos of what I got today. I'll be installing them in a few days so I'll report to everyone how they are.

I installed them F & R on both the Lexus & Nissan in my signature in Summer 2014. I like'em! I believe the prices were similar(~$40-$50) before discount. It was the best price(s) between AAP & RA. I needed brakes on both cars prior to NY State Inspection.

It was $46 for both sets after the discount. I used coupon code (trt37) which is $30 off $75. I did have to add some thing cheap to bring me up up to $75 so I added that ceramic brake lube for $1.25.

I don't quite remember what my total cost was as I also bought rotors(and other stuff) and I had to make 2 or 3 separate purchases w/code#'s and using my 2 different emails addresses. But for all that I bought, I WAS HAPPY!
laugh.gif

I put the gold pads on the front of my Prism a few months ago and have been very pleased with them. They seemed to be high quality pads with a moderately low price.

I have the wearever platinums on the front and they are made in INDIA...
It came with a speacial with new wearever rotors and breke pads.

I got my old rotors turned and my old wagner thermo quiets were still rather good..

Im thinking of putting them back on and the old rotors.. the wearever rotors just rust so bad when they get wet and the wearever pads do stop very well but so much dust...

ALL rotors are going to rust. I have my truck on jackstands under my carport and they started resting after a a windy mist we had. My Golds for my Saturn were from India and worked great, much better in the dust department than the silvers I had replaced.

Good pics,take your time!

All rotors, except for stainless, and carbon ceramic.

I have used the Golds on a few of our tow vehicles to excellent effect so far. Even after 15,000 miles on these vehicles so far, they all stop exceptionally, give very little dust, and make zero noise.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
ALL rotors are going to rust. I have my truck on jackstands under my carport and they started resting after a a windy mist we had. My Golds for my Saturn were from India and worked great, much better in the dust department than the silvers I had replaced.

Good pics,take your time!

That's because you live in the Southeast. When I lived in South Carolina, I couldn't leave an unprotected ferrous metal object outside overnight, without red rust starting to form.

I have used these several times and have them on my vehicles now, I have been very pleased with the Golds. The Silvers are a different story, they are very noisy.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
All rotors, except for stainless, and carbon ceramic.

I have used the Golds on a few of our tow vehicles to excellent effect so far. Even after 15,000 miles on these vehicles so far, they all stop exceptionally, give very little dust, and make zero noise.

I forgot about ceramic and never heard of SS. If you pay attention, you can see brand new high end cars with rusted over rotors at dealerships, so it really only means the car has been sitting. Untreated Fe rusts.

In our application the Golds are far better than the platinums which ate truck rotors like candy.

Golds all the way here, cheap and effective on fleet trucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back