Advance Auto Parts recommends OC at 12k interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an email I just got from Advance Auto Parts, they recommend changing you oil once a year or 12k miles - and then mention dino oil. I'll bet a good lawyer could have fun with that one! Perhaps the marketing/advertising folks should talk to a mechanic !

excerpt: If your car is turning into an exotic alien living in your garage, transform your ride's life with simple and regular air and oil filter changes-at least once a year or every 12,000 miles-

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
In an email I just got from Advance Auto Parts, they recommend changing you oil once a year or 12k miles -

The paragraph you quoted only mentions changing air and oil filter at 12k miles. No mention of how often the oil should be changed.

Yeah they are in the business to sell auto parts/oil/filters. They recommend the same ol 3000 mile oil change and air filters once a year/12000 miles.

jeez changing every 12k on oil would bw too frequent for some of the characters i know...13 bucks for a filter and jug of oil could go towards cigs or beer...priorities

Sure they recommend a 12K OCI, they sell more auto parts that way!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back