Advance Auto Parts - Carquest Fluids Clearance

Where were you a month ago? I sold over 150 5quart jugs of the stuff 😄😳
OMG I was here just I guess not at the exact right place

The wife and I collectively drive over 40k miles a year and all our vehicles take 5w-30 D1G2. Man that would have been awesome. I saw you were buying it, I guess I should have asked.

I can try to help. What does "cheap" translate to in your opinion? I know of a decent sale or two.

Highly unlikely, but are you anywhere near OK?
I'm in SC. I personally consider cheap below the Kirkland syn pricing of like 12.50 per 5 qt.

The wife and I collectively drive over 40k miles a year and all our vehicles take 5w-30 D1G2. Man that would have been awesome. I saw you were buying it, I guess I should have asked.
I have some CQ HM Blend 5w30 left

OilMagnate

I'm in SC. I personally consider cheap below the Kirkland syn pricing of like 12.50 per 5 qt.
It sounds to me like O'Reilly is your best friend right now. Do it just like I did, and you'll be swimming "like Scrooge McDuck" in M1EP. Here's the process:

Go to O'Reilly with a decent amount of cash on hand.

Buy 10 quarts of M1EP 5W-30 @ $30.95 +tax per 5 quarts. Pay cash. DON'T give your phone number, pay anonymously. Before you leave, print a duplicate receipt. Go home and scan the ORIGINAL receipt before altering so you have an original copy if anything goes poorly. Then circle the qualifying products on the ORIGINAL receipt. Scan again. Go to Mobil's rebate page and login or create an account. Select the oil type, viscosity, and quantity. Then upload the image with the circled items. Submit your $30 rebate. Be sure to select the virtual Visa option, otherwise your rebate will be sent physically by mail to the address. Then go back to the ORIGINAL receipt and circle the date. Now you've prepped it for O'Reilly's rebate. Call their customer care line and give them the receipt info so that you can get your rewards credit for the purchase. Then send it off snail mail with a rebate form from their store/website for an additional $10 GC per 5 quarts. The DUPLICATE receipt is your physical copy for documentation/proof.

You may repeat this as many times as you wish as long as you remember these details:
Mobil's rebate is limited to $30 per address and email. So use your friends/family/neighbors address [with permission] that you know won't do a Mobil rebate. Just use a different email account for each submission. Obviously use a different name for each Mobil submission also. If you're smart, you won't buy tons at the same time. Do 1 transaction per store. Ideally do multiple stores on different days, but ultimately don't buy 50 quarts back to back to back because Mobil can see the register transactions & times and deny you. O'Reilly doesn't care at all though. They have no limit to the number of rebates per address/account/name/etc. So however many receipts you end up with, just claim them for rewards and send them all to O'Reilly in one envelope.

Basically in the end, you have however many quarts you decide to pursue at this price (we'll assume your local tax rate is 9%):
$30.95 + [your local tax rate 9%*] = $33.74
$33.74 - $15 (Mobil) - $10 (O'Reilly) = $8.74 for 5 quarts, or $1.75/quart

If you don't want to deal with two rebates or an O'Reilly gift card, you can also get a [not quite as] great deal at Walmart. You still have to pay anonymously with cash for each set of 10 quarts to satisfy Mobil's rebate, but instead of paying $30.95, their price is $24.37. $24.37 + 9%* = $26.56. $26.56 - $15 = $11.56 or $2.31/quart.

I chose the O'Reilly route, and currently am waiting on $700 in rebates between both entities. If the rebates come soon enough, I'll probably stock up on even more, but still pay cash. My wallet is a little thin after all of this. Money tied up in too many places and products...

I know that was a lot, but hopefully that helps...

Keep checking your local AAPs, it's still out there-I got 3 jugs of CQ 5W20 HM synthetic for $5 each today in Walton, KY. They had a bunch of everything, including 2 full cases of CQ CVT ATF-if anybody is between Cincinnati & Lexington, KY-get in there & make a deal!

Keep checking your local AAPs, it's still out there-I got 3 jugs of CQ 5W20 HM synthetic for $5 each today in Walton, KY. They had a bunch of everything, including 2 full cases of CQ CVT ATF-if anybody is between Cincinnati & Lexington, KY-get in there & make a deal!
Even out here in Carlisle PA; the fluids are gone. Plenty of wheel bearing grease, hydraulic fluid and others though. Brother scored quite a bit for cheap

Thanks for posting this @OilMagnate. I cleaned out all of the AAPs near me. They were very friendly and GAVE ME hundreds of quarts of oils, ATF, and many tubes of grease. I do not understand this business model whatsoever and think they could have done a far better/smarter job at this. Every employee I talked to said the oils will be the same formula but with a Fram label.

If I were running the store or company, I would have either ran a promotion to give away 1 qt per $10 purchase, or simply ordered Fram labels and had an employee put new labels on the Carquest products. It makes absolutely no sense to give away, in my case, probably $1500 in product to some guy that just walked in. But hey, I'm not complaining. I just did 8 ATF spill and fills on several vehicles with free ATF and was smiling the whole time with the free Carquest fluids, and have some OCs to do today with it. :)

Thanks for posting this @OilMagnate. I cleaned out all of the AAPs near me. They were very friendly and GAVE ME hundreds of quarts of oils, ATF, and many tubes of grease. I do not understand this business model whatsoever and think they could have done a far better/smarter job at this. Every employee I talked to said the oils will be the same formula but with a Fram label.

If I were running the store or company, I would have either ran a promotion to give away 1 qt per $10 purchase, or simply ordered Fram labels and had an employee put new labels on the Carquest products. It makes absolutely no sense to give away, in my case, probably $1500 in product to some guy that just walked in. But hey, I'm not complaining. I just did 8 ATF spill and fills on several vehicles with free ATF and was smiling the whole time with the free Carquest fluids, and have some OCs to do today with it. :)
So the products were Fram labeled or ?

It is Friday.

So the products were Fram labeled or ?

It is Friday.
Most of them I got were CarQuest fluids.
Ended up with like 450+ gallons of hydraulic fluid, grease, Jack oil and some “back room” motor oils this past week. Donated the bulk of the hydraulic oil to friend with heavy equipment. The motor oils I’m still giving to my less fortunate co workers. Most of them are struggling to stay in the black (out of poverty in other words) and are great workers and people 🇺🇸🇨🇦👍

Working at AAP now for 5 months, I haven't ever seen any CQ branded fluids in my store aside from their version of Brakleen. We are the superstore in our area and have a large warehouse. I've noticed that we have a number of out-of-date products that never sold and are now being held back there, including a few jugs of oil that have an SL rating on it. It wouldn't work for any vehicle beyond the year 2004 if I am not mistaken, but I'm sure it would be fine for older vehicles or running in a lawnmower or something.

OilMagnate

Working at AAP now for 5 months, I haven't ever seen any CQ branded fluids in my store aside from their version of Brakleen. We are the superstore in our area and have a large warehouse. I've noticed that we have a number of out-of-date products that never sold and are now being held back there, including a few jugs of oil that have an SL rating on it. It wouldn't work for any vehicle beyond the year 2004 if I am not mistaken, but I'm sure it would be fine for older vehicles or running in a lawnmower or something.
That means your store is doing things the right way. Hubs usually are on top of things. Brake-related chemicals are all that should remain.

Out of curiousity, why the Lucas addiction?

That means your store is doing things the right way. Hubs usually are on top of things. Brake-related chemicals are all that should remain.

Out of curiousity, why the Lucas addiction?
They always seemed to work really well for me. Especially the fuel treatment. I've been a lurker here more than a poster and I don't often see good things said about their products, but every one I have used has done the job very well. The fuel treatment indeed gives a bit better mileage and increases the response of every vehicle I have used it in. Their power steering stop leak quieted my noisy power steering pump and loosened the steering itself up as well. That was 4 years ago. Still quiet. Their transmission fix stopped the odd stick and shutter in the trans of the Chrysler Town and Country that was the work vehicle of the last place I worked for. I've had a very good track record with their chemicals. The only one I havent been especially impressed with is their fuel system deep clean. Techron seems to work better.

EDIT:
Its hard to say anything about the oil stabilizer as that one isn't so obvious, but I have noticed in vehicles that have an oil pressure gauge that the pressure seems to not fluctuate so much. I've also heard from a couple of people that have worked inside engines that have used it that engine parts can be almost impossible to hang on to because they are so slick. That to me says that it stays on the parts like it says it will and greatly mitigates dry starts and reduces friction more than oil alone.

Last edited:

OilMagnate

They always seemed to work really well for me. Especially the fuel treatment. I've been a lurker here more than a poster and I don't often see good things said about their products, but every one I have used has done the job very well. The fuel treatment indeed gives a bit better mileage and increases the response of every vehicle I have used it in. Their power steering stop leak quieted my noisy power steering pump and loosened the steering itself up as well. That was 4 years ago. Still quiet. Their transmission fix stopped the odd stick and shutter in the trans of the Chrysler Town and Country that was the work vehicle of the last place I worked for. I've had a very good track record with their chemicals. The only one I havent been especially impressed with is their fuel system deep clean. Techron seems to work better.

EDIT:
Its hard to say anything about the oil stabilizer as that one isn't so obvious, but I have noticed in vehicles that have an oil pressure gauge that the pressure seems to not fluctuate so much. I've also heard from a couple of people that have worked inside engines that have used it that engine parts can be almost impossible to hang on to because they are so slick. That to me says that it stays on the parts like it says it will and greatly mitigates dry starts and reduces friction more than oil alone.
A lot of people will pick you apart for saying that, but I was just genuinely curious. I stay far away from LOS after trying it once as a teenager. I was mortified pouring it into my engine on a Northern winter day... But I will say I've used more of their fuel additive in the past than I care to admit. Hung them all up years ago and have only used Techron since.

A lot of people will pick you apart for saying that, but I was just genuinely curious. I stay far away from LOS after trying it once as a teenager. I was mortified pouring it into my engine on a Northern winter day... But I will say I've used more of their fuel additive in the past than I care to admit. Hung them all up years ago and have only used Techron since.
I really can't comprehend why people are so against Lucas products. It's one of those things that people either love or hate. I know a handful of people that swear by their products like I do.

I really can't comprehend why people are so against Lucas products. It's one of those things that people either love or hate. I know a handful of people that swear by their products like I do.
Because they're a marketing company that became famous for convincing people that they need an "oil stabilizer."

They have a whole catalog of products that do little more than carry the Lucas label and for every single one of their products, you can find a better version sold by someone else.

Because they're a marketing company that became famous for convincing people that they need an "oil stabilizer."

They have a whole catalog of products that do little more than carry the Lucas label and for every single one of their products, you can find a better version sold by someone else.
Im always willing to change my opinions when I find or someone convinces me something else is better. For example, I run a complete fuel system cleaner with every oil change. For this, Techron seems to work better than Lucas Fuel System Deep Clean, at least in my opinion. Also, with the last oil change, I added 16oz of Hot Shot's Stiction Eliminator to help clean the engine up. What are the opinions on this product? If you or anyone else would be able to suggest other products I should try, I'm all for it.

OilMagnate

I'm personally a fan of nothing but Techron (or another PEA-containing cleaner) in the fuel once per oil change (right before), and nothing but oil in the crankcase. I don't like telling other people what to do.

Fuel system cleaner available most any day at dollar store.

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 10