Advance Auto Parts - Carquest Fluids Clearance

I would have posted this deal sooner, but due to certain unnamed competition, I had to wait to post this until I cleared my entire region (which took a full week of multiple suspension-sagging loads every day).

Advance Auto Parts has already switched 95% of their house brand fluids over to Fram. The Carquest line of fluids is being discontinued. If you see a Carquest logo on a fluid, it's discounted with the following exceptions: 1-quart bottles of conventional and synthetic gasoline motor oil, brake cleaner, Universal Tractor Fluid (5-gallon), and 2-cycle oil of any size. Those will be phased out soon, so keep an eye on those in the near future. As for what is on sale, it depends on what your store/region has remaining, but here is a rundown so you can go hunting:

AAP Part Number - Price - Item Description (ALL Carquest Brand)

101 - $3.65 - Coolant, 1-gallon, Concentrate, Conventional Green
201 - $3.15 - Coolant, 1-gallon, 50/50, Conventional Green
301 - $3.65 - Coolant, 1-gallon, Concentrate, All Makes All Models
401 - $3.15 - Coolant, 1-gallon, 50/50, All Makes All Models
501 - $4.65 - Coolant, 1-gallon, Concentrate, Dex-Cool
46009 - $26.45 - Hydraulic Oil, 5-gallon, R&O
61414 - $2.45 - Lithium Grease, 14oz. Cartridge
68532 - $6.45 - Gear Oil, 1-quart, 75W-90, Synthetic, Limited-Slip Additive Included
69032 - $6.95 - Gear Oil, 1-quart, 75W-140, Synthetic, Limited-Slip Additive Included
78001 - $9.95 - Gear Oil, 1-gallon, 80W-90, Conventional Non-LS
78005 - $34.95 - Gear Oil, 5-gallon, 80W-90, Conventional, Non-LS
78032 - $3.45 - Gear Oil, 1-quart, 80W-90, Conventional, Non-LS
79032 - $3.45 - Gear Oil, 1-quart, 85W-140, Conventional, Non-LS
80032 - $2.95 - Hydraulic Oil, 1-quart, Hydraulic Jack Oil
81416 - $3.45 - Wheel Bearing Grease, 16oz. Tub
81514 - $2.45 - Wheel Bearing Grease, 14oz. Cartridge
93201 - $7.45 - Hydraulic Oil, 1-gallon, AW32
93205 - $26.45 - Hydraulic Oil, 5-gallon, AW32
94601 - $7.45 Hydraulic Oil, 1-gallon, AW46
94605 - $26.45 - Hydraulic Oil, 5-gallon AW46
712100 - $3.15 - Lithium Grease, 3x 3oz. Mini Tubes
CQ6455 - $30.95 - Engine Oil, 5-gallon, Diesel 15W-40
CQAGRIC5G - $26.45 - Hydraulic Oil, 5-gallon, "Agricultural Hydraulic Fluid" (NOT UTF)

There are also three non-Carquest items on clearance:
18546 - $2.35 - Odor Neutralizer, 5-ounce, Armor All Automotive A/C Vent & Duct Cleaner
375CS - $1.55 - Dye, 1oz., Engine Antifreeze/Coolant UV Dye
433CS - $2.35 - Injector, R-134a Dye Injector Adapter

For those who do not already know, AAP discounts their inventory [usually twice] until it reaches $0.05 per item. Once the item is priced at $0.05, that is the company-wide command to destroy the item, and it becomes unable to sell. Per policy, they cannot give/donate/sell the item. It must be destroyed. However, some store employees/managers have beliefs (like myself) that they refuse to waste perfectly good products. In my region, most stores are strict to policy. One store sold me some items at the $0.05 price (that employee WILL be scolded, I asked several times if he was sure he wanted to do that or if he'd get in trouble, he decided to proceed). One store marked the items UP from $0.05 to whatever the employee felt was fair but still cheap (he'll still get in trouble, but this nets the store something on the bottom line versus pouring it "down the drain" and earning zero). One store gave me some items for free and the items were left completely off the receipt (the most proper way to do it. This looks like the item was destroyed and never sold. It really wasn't 🤫, but they can CYA). The point of this information is to allow you to possibly find a store with some of these leftover items that haven't been destroyed. Most of the stores allowed me to look in the back stockroom to find these items, and 99% of the items that I found the employees didn't know were back there. *This is highly YMMV*. These items include, but are not limited to:

1030 - $0.05 - Carquest Degreaser, 15oz.
141QT - $0.05 - Carquest Honda PSF, 1-quart
702277 - $0.05 - Carquest Bar & Chain Oil, 1-gallon
CQ410 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, Type F, 1-quart
CQ420 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, Multi-Vehicle (Dex-Merc), 1-quart
CQ426 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, Dexron VI, 1-quart
CQ440 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, ATF+4, 1-quart
CQ450 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, Mercon V, 1-quart
CQ490 - $0.05 - Carquest ATF, CVT, 1-quart
CQ46432 - $0.05 - Carquest Small Engine Oil, 1-quart, 10W-30
CQ64525G - $0.05 - Carquest Diesel Engine Oil, 2.5-gallon, 15W-40
DEF457 - $0.05 - Carquest DEF, 2.5-gallon

For those in my region (OKC), I have cleared everything out except for all types of the grease, AW32, AW46, 1-quart & 1-gallon conventional gear oil.

Happy hunting!

The AAP me doesn't have a clearance table or any sales that I've ever seen. One day I went in and they had carquest brand stuff all over. A week later that was all changed to Fram branded oil and what not. I go there for my convince, not because of any better pricing. The only other place that I avoid is NAPA,or as it's otherwise know as by me, No auto parts available.,,,

OilMagnate

The AAP me doesn't have a clearance table or any sales that I've ever seen. One day I went in and they had carquest brand stuff all over. A week later that was all changed to Fram branded oil and what not. I go there for my convince, not because of any better pricing. The only other place that I avoid is NAPA,or as it's otherwise know as by me, No auto parts available.,,,
They often do not know that certain items are on clearance, hence why I said:
99% of the items that I found the employees didn't know were back there. *This is highly YMMV*

It's perfectly fine if you don't like AAP or NAPA. I'm in the opposite boat. I check all sorts of items daily. 99% of my money goes to AAP and NAPA because they offer pricing that the other red and green boys can't. Go ahead and compare the items listed to either one. No contest. Next time maybe contribute something positive like the so-called "better pricing" you supposedly find, that way we all can take advantage.

Don't like what you see? Don't buy it and move along. Someone else will gladly take advantage of these deals.

Bought 120 gallons of Carquest hydraulic oil and coolant at my local advance auto today for $2 per gallon, the manager gave me some bar and chain oil and grease that he had laying around and couldn't sell also. He said I just missed out on all the cheap engine oil that someone bought a couple days ago.

OilMagnate

Grabbed some CQ syn gear oil today. Price dropped to $3.15 for 75w90 and $3.45 for 75w140. YMMV
Really? Really?!? I knew I should have waited! Every time I wait (thinking it has one more price drop) it nickels out. The one time I don't go with my gut thinking it will nickel out...half price. #&@$*!

This is why I'm mad, and this is only the 75W-90. Not pictured is the larger amount of 75W-140 📉:

20210517_213447.jpg

Well, mark this one down as one of the few times I made a not-so-smart call...

At my local AAP, they were just recently still selling the "closeout" CarQuest 5W20 & 0W20 Synthetic for $6.95/quart. However, I may run out and look today(before company comes over) as I have an AAP < 3 miles away.
I'd love to snag some for le$$ than $6.95/qt but, not for what Walmart* is selling SuperTech Synthetic for, that I can get at any time I want. In other words, I want the CQ Synthetic oil for le$$ than $3/qt. ATMOF, I want it for le$$ than $2/qt...Good Luck! :LOL:

The local CQ owner is mad as heck about this switch over. He said no owner's got any say on this switch over to FRAM. Like he said, "I've spent 20 years selling and establishing the CQ brands and now at a snap of somebody's finger's it's all switched. There are still a lot of people that refuse to buy FRAM products but I'm stuck with them." I see his point.

Where I live most chain business's, the owners are never there. The face representing the store, is the $11 an hour hired help. Who for the most part, could care less if the customer pays full retail, or gets 99 1/2 percent off. If things are being discounted, why does the customer have to push for it, rather then having signage stating certain things are on sale?. When buying oil, I look at the size of the container, look what all the other brands are selling for that meet my need, and pick one from the middle. I don't necessarily want the cheapest, or the best ever made. Something in the middle has worked for me for over 50 years. Now there's a napa store 2 blocks from my house. I really want to spend money there, but they give me no reason to go there. Their standard answer for every request I've ever made there is, we don't have it in stock, but we can have it for you tomorrow. Really. Why should I have to wait for simple things like SPARK PLUGS from them, when I can go to any other auto parts store by me or on the planet, and walk out with them for the average going price?. I've used Car-quest oil for years without a complaint. And so far the Fram oil hasn't caused my cars to erupt into flaming fireballs, so I'll use that until they change it to something else. If I had known the were discounting or closing out the Carquest oils, I would have stocked up with some, but o well.,,

@BigCahuna Ditto for the NAPA near me. Most of the shelves are nearly bare and they only stock a few jugs of oil and a few filters.

As for Advance Auto, AFAIK the Carquest and Fram oils are the same thing. Both made by Amalie (in my area) and are a good value when packaged with the Fram Titanium (aka Ultra) filter.

Last edited:
^^^Correction!
I stopped in AAP again for something else entirely and I did check out their remaining CarQuest oil that is still on the closeout shelf. Lots of 5W20 Full Syn(~20 qts) and it is not $6.95/qt as I thought. It's $6.45/qt. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the update! I wonder if it’s gonna be on clearance soon or end of year…