Ads on Top

On Chrome set to desktop on my phone the ad is on the bottom.

When using without desktop setting the ad is at the top.

On Chrome set to desktop on my phone the ad is on the bottom.

When using without desktop setting the ad is at the top.
Ok - this is the reason some are seeing the desktop ad on mobile devices. I'll see if we can switch to a mobile ad for mobile devices running the forums in desktop mode.

Ok - this is the reason some are seeing the desktop ad on mobile devices. I'll see if we can switch to a mobile ad for mobile devices running the forums in desktop mode.
I use iPad only for this site … my advertising is bottom left …
and without the big yellow banner the overall space is good

I just had an ad that got stuck over the top of posts I was trying to read. Sorry I should have taken a screenshot.

The bottom ads are more annoying IMO but I can deal. I much prefer when they were on the sides.

I just had an ad that got stuck over the top of posts I was trying to read. Sorry I should have taken a screenshot.

The bottom ads are more annoying IMO but I can deal. I much prefer when they were on the sides.
Are you on desktop or mobile? On the sides? We don't have any ads that display on the sides...

It was on my chromebook.

No ads on the sides. If it happens again I will be sure to take a screenshot.

Mine is at the top now. On Apple iPhone using Safari browser. Not bothering me except have to scroll all the way back up to click the notification bell. But that is ok I’d rather have that than the bottom so I am good with it at the top.

What exactly is desktop mode and how do i toggle it?
Good question, but I'm not sure it matters. I just noticed on my iPhone that when I browse the forums in landscape, the desktop banner appears at the bottom, while in browsing the forums in portrait mode, the mobile ad appears on top. I have no clue why, as the browser isn't really in desktop mode. Hopefully we have a web developer here that knows.

Hopefully we have a web developer here that knows.
XF probably looks at the screen resolution which the browser will report one way in portrait mode vs landscape mode. Check what resolution values XF uses to determine whether to use mobile mode vs pseudo-desktop mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-15-12-06-00.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-15-12-06-00.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 18
Back