Ads on Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this mostly a phone/tablet issue?
I have never had an issue on my computers (I have BITOG white listed on my ad blocker).
I don't do forums on mobile devices, interface just sucks for me.

Yesterday morning, I noticed the ads were on using my mobile device. Made the site extremely hard to use.

Did not put together that they went away later that day.

I also have not seen it on desktop version, at least not in any intrusive way that takes up whole screen.

I don't care if people think MORE of me for donating
It's when donators get on their high horse about how they donate and attempt to scrutinize those that don't that it's a "concern". They're better than those that don't or have an attitude of "just shut up and live with it since you don't support the site".

It's when donators get on their high horse about how they donate and attempt to scrutinize those that don't that it's a "concern". They're better than those that don't or have an attitude of "just shut up and live with it since you don't support the site".

I gave my opinion of a good compromise for making the site money as diplomatically as possible. It was you who decided to call me out on what's fair, as if doing nothing and ignoring ads is the fairer options somehow.

I've obviously struck a nerve, and I'm sorry to others for coming across harshly, specifically you @AutoMechanic.

Oh, and yea, me up on my ONE DOLLAR/MONTH high horse!!!! You're killin' me. :ROFLMAO:

That's exactly what happened to me earlier today. I was just beginning to read a post then BAM, an ad appeared and covered the post I was reading.

I notice the same on my phone, which doesn't have ad-blocker. I don't like it. I don't mind not having ad-blocker on my phone, because I usualy only visit the same several sites, including this one, and read the news.

It's not nearly as bad as sites that move ads to get accidental clicks, though I haven't experienced that for a long time.

I notice the same on my phone, which doesn't have ad-blocker. I don't like it. I don't mind not having ad-blocker on my phone, because I usualy only visit the same several sites, including this one, and read the news.

It's not nearly as bad as sites that move ads to get accidental clicks, though I haven't experienced that for a long time.
There are no more ads on my phone or my laptop. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

I hadn't re-added a hosts file since I rebuild last weekend, but...

I use/have used

winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.zip

for years and never a problem.

It does 'fix' the bottom 'banner.'

(It misdirects addressing of known ad servers to local, not found there so nothing displays.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back