Adjustable Bed

Anybody use one of these for back pain? Lately I've been on the couch or in a recliner due to lower back issues, I've done some searching but need some real first hand reviews instead of the Amazon "love it" type review. Not necessarily the brand but more you experience with one.

We just gave on away that my daughter had for a few years.
We received it from my mother in law that bought it new, used it for about a week and went back to sleeping in her recliner.
My daughter has had back issues (mild spina bifida) for a few years and we thought having an adjustable bed might help. It did not.
She would try the adjustment every so often, and it just never helped.
I don't remember what brand it was, but it was not a cheap one.
I tried it out a few times and and did not care for it.

We just gave on away that my daughter had for a few years.
We received it from my mother in law that bought it new, used it for about a week and went back to sleeping in her recliner.
My daughter has had back issues (mild spina bifida) for a few years and we thought having an adjustable bed might help. It did not.
She would try the adjustment every so often, and it just never helped.
I don't remember what brand it was, but it was not a cheap one.
I tried it out a few times and and did not care for it.
What brand recliner, mine is some what shot so may just go that route and sleep in bed when I can.

We have and adjustable base bed. I like that you can raise the legs , that takes pressure off the lumbar. Or if you have a cold or allergies, or reflux, sit the head up.

One advantage for me, I am on call so i come at go to work at night. the split king adjustable bed allows me to get in and out of bed without my wife being wakened from the bed moving.

It does make it a bit more difficult to "cuddle" , The dog however likes to lie on his back with his legs up on the split between the mattresses.

Due to being home during the pandemic the wife and I have been doing more workout videos together. Something that I've been hearing more lately is how having good flexibility can help with back pain. Not saying that will fix your issue, not trying to play doctor here, but tossing that out--perhaps bed shopping + some stretching exercises to tackle back problems.

I've lucked out and not had any back problems lately, but I've had plenty of neck and shoulder problems recently, and I think I traced it to my pillow.

Due to being home during the pandemic the wife and I have been doing more workout videos together. Something that I've been hearing more lately is how having good flexibility can help with back pain. Not saying that will fix your issue, not trying to play doctor here, but tossing that out--perhaps bed shopping + some stretching exercises to tackle back problems.

I've lucked out and not had any back problems lately, but I've had plenty of neck and shoulder problems recently, and I think I traced it to my pillow.
I let myself get lazy over the last couple years now I'm paying for it but started walking again every morning with some light stretching and seeing my chiropractor so eventually I should be ok. We have a sleep number bed that we put a nice pillow top on but I just can't seem to get it set right and the sides or warn out after 15 years so it's time for something new but at one time it was a life saver for me. We have a fairly new mattress in the spare bedroom with a pillow top on both sides, it was purchased for FIL and is just to firm for me.

I have a bad back from the military. Scoliosis, stenosis, and bulging discs. My wife and I invested in a split king adjustable, and it's helped a bit.

I have an adjustable base with a Tuft & Needle mattress. When my back acts up I sleep on my back and lift the leg up almost all the way. I usually wake up halfway through the night wanting to roll back onto my side, so I flatten it out and give in. Seems to help though.

I have an adjustable base with a Tuft & Needle mattress. When my back acts up I sleep on my back and lift the leg up almost all the way. I usually wake up halfway through the night wanting to roll back onto my side, so I flatten it out and give in. Seems to help though.
That's my issue, I'm a side sleeper and mostly on my left side, I have to be pretty tired to fall asleep on my back.

Thanks for all the replies.

Back