Additives for my 2 vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the VW, go with the Castrol Syntec 0w-30 (GC) that meets the VW 502 standard. It is available at Autozone in metro Atlanta. Lube Control can be used with GC.

I have spent hours perusing this site and have absorbed much useful, and sometimes confusing or conflicting, information when it comes to additives. Here is my situation on my 2 vehicles: Vehicle 1: 2001 B5 Passat 1.8T 58K miles I am currently in ARX clean phase. Once the rinse is over, I will run a VW 502 synthetic for sludge warranty purposes. Do you recommend continuing ARX maintenance doses or switching over to LC maintenance? I can see varnish thru the oil filler hole. Vehicle 2: 2005 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 2K miles I am still on the factory fill on this brand new car. Haven't decided whether to run synthetic, blend, or straight dino. Would you start a brand new engine on ARX maintenance or LC maintenance? I plan to also run FP in both vehicles. Let me state up front that I am NOT interested in extending the OCI. Both cars will be changed at 5K/6 months or sooner. I appreciate your input. Edit: Meant to put this in the additive forum - my apologies to the board. [ August 10, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: blmqzjc ]

Status
Not open for further replies.