Additive for break in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished running in an engine on the dyno with a new additive, Red Line Break-In http://www.redlineoil.com/products_motoroil.asp

The owner after the good results plans on using it in his every day driving with this engine. This stuff works exactly as advertised. We had a camshaft problem with this engine on the first build last year. The only change was the break-in additive and the camshaft looked perfect aver the long dyno pulls. The instructions say that one bottle treats 12 quarts for break-in and we found that you can treat 24 quarts for daily driving with track days thrown in.

Any idea what the zinc/phosphorous concentrations are?
Does it also have moly?

Viscosity of this product?

I doubt you'll know the answer but I'd like to know what the carrier oil is too. Polyolesters??

dave email me today saying that this additive is a synthetic base ester...no friction modifiers...use lubegard's bio tech engine protectant for a friction mod.

here is the break down given by redline how much this additive will inc. for instance redline 5w30 or any other oil.

sump 6qt
redline 1330 zinc plus 440 ppm =1770 ppm
phos.1200 ppm plus 370 ppm = 1570 ppm

this is adding 4oz of breakin oil additive in a 6qt sump(all my cars and truck)..this is great info to know ...call them and he will tell you how much for your sump vol.

This looks like a really good product for people who can benefit from these adds. I predict lots of experimentation and could possibly see doing some myself. I would trust the consistency of the product more than OTC adds. SLOB, for example, has had extremely variable VOAs. If you're going to use it you really need to know what the concentrations are.

Also, I've never seen SLOB on sale here. $5+ per bottle and not knowing what's in it is not exactly a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back