Adding another CTD to the stable

What a beauty & Congrats. Have to start working on my body of my Ram in signature. Salt/Brime does no favors but just rolled 93k original miles and new truck prices let alone 4WD is insane....

That looks sweet! Even nicer than the previous truck. Like the two paint colors, stands out from the rest.

Where did that spec sheet come from? First time I've heard of a Dana 80 in a SRW Ram application of that era. The gear ratio is also listed as 3.55, whereas Dodge speced it as 3.54. I know, a very slight difference.

I'm just saying that 'build sheet servlet' sounds a bit off.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But the slight difference could effect getting correct parts in the future.
That’s the official build sheet for my VIN from the Chrysler website.

Here is mine:
A5B0B6D3-9431-4C8A-AE8C-2AA2B96E3E1D.jpeg

EE81825A-BEB8-4CB9-9EE0-E8CF62A47211.jpeg

All 2500 V-10's and diesels had a minimum of a Dana 70 rear axle. All automatic tranny equipped trucks came with a Dana 70 and all manual tranny equipped trucks came with a Dana hybrid 80. The hybrid 80 has a 80 center section and 70 axles and tubes. The exception to this was if the truck was factory ordered with the snow plow prep package and or the towing package, then you got a full Dana 80.

Build sheet says trailer tow group so zi may have a full 80, I’ll have to photo the whole thing and look for
kther pics online.

All 3500's had a full Dana 80.
F80DEAD3-EF0D-4A18-B69A-1CBFF9CD3F7E.jpeg

Awesome 😎. Those white letter tires definitely give it the 90s look too hopefully you will be keeping those. Those are hard to come by in good shape most either rusted to the ground or are ragged out and wrecked. Glad to see a survivor here.

Awesome 😎. Those white letter tires definitely give it the 90s look too hopefully you will be keeping those. Those are hard to come by in good shape most either rusted to the ground or are ragged out and wrecked. Glad to see a survivor here.
Thanks. Yeah, there’s no hope on the east coast except maybe FL, but the sun is too strong and there is more of a chance of salt air.

It is amazing how many trucks you see at any junctiany place out west. Then look in folks’ yards and you can find anything needing refurbishment.

Id recommend anyone take a drive down B.I.A. 2 (“Indian Route 2” on the Pine Ridge Reservation, all sorts of great old stuff.

Where did that spec sheet come from? First time I've heard of a Dana 80 in a SRW Ram application of that era. The gear ratio is also listed as 3.55, whereas Dodge speced it as 3.54. I know, a very slight difference.

I'm just saying that 'build sheet servlet' sounds a bit off.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But the slight difference could effect getting correct parts in the future.
Looks like I have the hybrid, with the Dana 80 center section and tapered axle shafts.

8A002205-08F1-4287-8A99-316AFD66B813.jpeg

My '02 Ram 2500 QCLB 4X4 Cummins HO 6-speed manual had Dana 80 rear, Dana 70 front-the rear end cover didn't look like that, that's an unusual rear axle. Amazing to see a '96 look that good, most of them are rusted to death and/or clapped out hard-the front frames sending many of them to an early grave due to rust.

I should convince my nutty wife's aunt to sell hers. It has pretty bad rot and can only shift into 2 nd gear so she uses as "farm truck" and plated as such (25 miles from property) and no state inspection required. It mainly sits but a similar diesel, vintage and extra cab. Besides rot (fixable) the interior is immaculate and miles only 150k.

Congrats!

2nd Gen Rams are so good looking even today. Is that cupholder still working?!

My '02 Ram 2500 QCLB 4X4 Cummins HO 6-speed manual had Dana 80 rear, Dana 70 front-the rear end cover didn't look like that, that's an unusual rear axle. Amazing to see a '96 look that good, most of them are rusted to death and/or clapped out hard-the front frames sending many of them to an early grave due to rust.
Dunno, the parts list and the wiki photo both look like this…

7CDFA6D4-AEC6-4942-BAA0-DEA0C88A17AF.jpeg
9AFEBADB-D08E-44F9-A9D6-50AC9F74BE67.png

Yeah mine is super clean…

DBC54642-B87C-456A-A780-4361EB6A03A7.jpeg
CEC616F1-8715-4A1F-93B5-732B6EFD9625.jpeg
00DF5EA3-DFE8-4CDF-9CB4-DB93265D37B6.jpeg

Looks great under there! Obviously you like the older KISS trucks. My buddy has a dually version with the automatic and its been worth keeping going for him. Nothing major so far. He also has a 3rd gen 2500 diesel but its got the fancy high pressure fuel pump which he's had rebuilt once already. The extra power is nice sometimes with a load of hay behind it, but he's also had the trans out on it too! The older one can't seem to hurt itself, and he plows with it.

$34800 for the same drivetrain and truck, granted 109k and quad cab.

I prefer the 94-97 interior personally.

Back