Addicted to fried plantains!

I love those things and can't get enough of them!! I finally got the preparation down perfectly. I bought some plantains and let them turn completely black. I cut them up and deep fried them in my Fry Daddy for five minutes with canola oil. Put whipped butter on them once they were ready and they absolutely melted in your mouth! Are these things healthy? Maybe before the deep fry and butter haha!

One of my Puerto Rican co-workers used to make them with garlic on top.....awesome. His father was a chef/cook in
a NYC hotel and he picked up a lot from him.....his arroy-com-pollo (chicken and rice) was incredible (with yellow rice and olives)...which
really clicked with my love of salty foods....

Last edited:
Nice

My addiction is beans. After soaking them for a day, I boil them, strain them and have with a little olive oil drizzled on top with a sprinkle of salt/seasoning salt.
Kidney, Chickpeas, Lentils, Black, Heirloom, Pinto, Navy, Cranberry, Red...the list goes on and on
20.gif

I literally can eat them all day and all night....forget sweets, chips etc. Just give me the BEANS!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I love those things and can't get enough of them!! I finally got the preparation down perfectly. I bought some plantains and let them turn completely black. I cut them up and deep fried them in my Fry Daddy for five minutes with canola oil. Put whipped butter on them once they were ready and they absolutely melted in your mouth! Are these things healthy? Maybe before the deep fry and butter haha!

Next level is Turon from the Phillipines.

Think of it as a sweetened fried plantain eggroll. Sometimes there is jackfruit also.

Fried plantains, nutritionally, aren't much better than potato chips. Every culture has it's carbohydrate sources; potatoes, plantains, casava root, corn, etc. That being said, I buy seasoned fried plantains in bags, like chips, intermittently. I like them. Moderation is the key, like with many other things.

Back