Added small rear spoiler to Caprice.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Wanted to break up the large rear end. Cost 50 bucks with paint to match.
I like it. Next thing is lowering it. I may use Chevy SS springs or G8 Eibach.
So far? love this car. Such a sleeper.
smile.gif

Looks sharp!
Lots of tasty parts bin goodies with the PPV packages, often including higher load height aft springs for requisite 'hardware.'

Eyeballing that nice F-Body for sunny Sunday cruises.
smile.gif

LS power ftw.

I thought I liked shorter springs, but after having my P71 I like the police height cause I can go over curbs and stuff in my way without smashing stuff underneath.

I like the little lip spoiler! I was thinking you could Nightshade (I know Ill get lynched for that word) just the reverse lights to blend it into the bar in the trunk.

Last edited:
Well, people here on BIYOG seem to like it, and you seem to like it, so I suppose that's what matters. In my circles adding a spoiler to a sub 140-mph car generates derisive laughter; we go tp great lengths to remove them. Even the wreckers won't take them as free pickup salvage.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Well, people here on BIYOG seem to like it, and you seem to like it, so I suppose that's what matters. In my circles adding a spoiler to a sub 140-mph car generates derisive laughter; we go tp great lengths to remove them. Even the wreckers won't take them as free pickup salvage.

I often laugh at Canadians..... not nice though...

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad

You guys must laugh a LOT! I see a ton of cars that couldn't hit 140 if you drove them over a cliff with huge ugly spoilers on them. Usually a styling exercise but Mike's looks like a duplicate of my sig car's design which is really functional without adding a ton of drag.

Thanks folks!

I added it to kind of break up the bulbous rear end.
I think it helped plus is looks less Impalaish now.
smile.gif

Just for a side note the Caprice's instrumented top speed is 154 mph. Not that mine will ever see that. I am not even sure any spoiler that small will help.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
What is that decal on the back glass?

RAGNAR Relay.

It is a running series. I have done 6 of them.

RAGNAR

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Thanks folks!

I added it to kind of break up the bulbous rear end.
I think it helped plus is looks less Impalaish now.
smile.gif

Looks better than the HSV Grange that I posted the link to for sure.

(Posted the Grange so that you can see how they look with more sporty ride hieghts)

Not a fan of the shopping cart handle spoilers that the STI has. Even that car has the deck lid spoiler option. I'd put some good quality tire shine on the tires to match the rest of the gloss black on the car. Otherwise tires stand out like sore thumb.

Last edited:
Back