Added Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added 1.5 ounces/gallon of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube.

20 HP Briggs V-Twin

Definately quieter tappets.

I was getting an oil temperature of 200*F at the bottom of the sump...today the temp was 180*F at the bottom of the sump.

Too soon to make a statement....but hopefully encouraged. Seems like the product performs. Spark plugs look fine.

This is a gasoline additive...an upper cylinder lubricant...not an oil additive.

The claim is it is an "upper cylinder lube...where oil can't go" It lubes rings and valve seats.

If it can do this well that should amount to less friction and reduce heat.

I need a few more temp measurements to see if I am consistantly getting a reduction in oil temps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Love the tests - keep 'em coming!

Pete will have THE most thoroughly tested lawn tractor in history by the time he's done!!
thumbsup2.gif

Soon to come...testing the Amsoil EaO Oil filter vs. the Yellow Briggs Extended Life 2x....looking at engine temps...I figure should give the same temps as flow ought to be the same...we will see...

Originally Posted By: Pete591
Soon to come...testing the Amsoil EaO Oil filter vs. the Yellow Briggs Extended Life 2x....looking at engine temps...I figure should give the same temps as flow ought to be the same...we will see...
I'm going to test this myself on the JD. I'm also currently running 4oz / 10gal of MMO in the tank it boy is the engine quiet/smooth.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I'm going to test this myself on the JD. I'm also currently running 4oz / 10gal of MMO in the tank it boy is the engine quiet/smooth. :!

Huh??.......
grin2.gif
(just bustin your chops stevie)

Originally Posted By: lexus114
I'm going to test this myself on the JD. I'm also currently running 4oz / 10gal of MMO in the tank it boy is the engine quiet/smooth. :!

Huh??.......
grin2.gif

All yer JD guys talks like that!

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Huh??.......
grin2.gif

All yer JD guys talks like that!

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back