Added a 07 fusion to the stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my brother got his license finally and im selling him my escape because he needs a car 4 work. So I still want to have a second car and have always looked at fusions 06-12 13+ ones are crap. Mom loves her 10 so i found me an 07 woth 172k on fb marketplace for $2400, talked him down to $2100. All it needs is a windshield ($140), rear brakes ($30), rotors need machined, and ac needs a recharge. Oh also soon needs 3 tires. Other than that was a good deal. Kbb value was 1800-3800.

Nice find. I always liked the lines on that Fusion. I vote MC 5W30 blend and Tough Guard 3614 for oil and filter:)

Originally Posted By: 53' Stude
Nice find. I always liked the lines on that Fusion. I vote MC 5W30 blend and Tough Guard 3614 for oil and filter:)

Calls for 5w20 but may do 5w30 because of milage, also it has the cartridge type oil filter. I hate thoes filters. Lol

Last edited:
You sure the AC just needs a charge? That generation Fusion had a problem with the evaporator temperature sensor in the HVAC box. When it fail, the PCM disables the AC compressor. It's a pain to replace, the dash has to be tilted forward and a tiny arm needed to reach the see sensor.

Originally Posted By: 14Accent
You sure the AC just needs a charge? That generation Fusion had a problem with the evaporator temperature sensor in the HVAC box. When it fail, the PCM disables the AC compressor. It's a pain to replace, the dash has to be tilted forward and a tiny arm needed to reach the see sensor.
it blows cool but not cold. Ive replaced plenty of evap sensors on this type of fusion. Takes about 3 hrs to do. Ill hook it up to our ac machine at work this week and do a full evac and recharge but first i gotta do the brakes, the rears are starting to grind. Im heading outside right now to do that.

Be careful with the brakes. Id get them service asap. On nhtsa its under investion for the pedal going soft and losing all braking power. I think i made a post about it some while back. My wife had it happen to her lucky she was going about 5 mph. I submitted it to nhtsa also.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
Be careful with the brakes. Id get them service asap. On nhtsa its under investion for the pedal going soft and losing all braking power. I think i made a post about it some while back. My wife had it happen to her lucky she was going about 5 mph. I submitted it to nhtsa also.
done a lot of HCU'S on that problem. Did a hcu on a Lincoln last week for same problem.

There should also be a recall on the passengers airbag inflator. Fusion inflators are slowly trickling into dealers. Ford is paying for long term rentals until parts come in. We have had people in a rental for months.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
There should also be a recall on the passengers airbag inflator. Fusion inflators are slowly trickling into dealers. Ford is paying for long term rentals until parts come in. We have had people in a rental for months.
I've done problem 20 plus airbags on the fusions. They're coming and slowly from ford. When I get tagged this week I'm gonna have them order me one for my car.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
I've done problem 20 plus airbags on the fusions. They're coming and slowly from ford. When I get tagged this week I'm gonna have them order me one for my car.

We haven't got any for Fusions yet. Service has written a bunch of ROs but SSSC won't let me order them. We have got MKZ ones in, which are sketchy with the fragile trim pieces being obsolete.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766

We haven't got any for Fusions yet. Service has written a bunch of ROs but SSSC won't let me order them. We have got MKZ ones in, which are sketchy with the fragile trim pieces being obsolete.
only ones we got for fusions are ones tht where ppl are in long term loaners. We just sat started getting air bags 4 edges.

Looks nice for two large.
01.gif

FB Marketplace is the new CL up here.

Guy told me it may need a rr caliper didnt think much of it. Just took off the rear brakes so i can machine the rotors at work tomorrow and it does need a rr caliper. Boot popped of the caliper and its sticking. So ill machine the rotors at work tomorrow and grab a caliper and pads.

My 2007 Fusion has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. It now has 230K and the engine and trans have been very good. I have replaced the passenger side axle, drivers front strut, drivers side lower ball joint assembly, 2 water pumps, one coolant thermostat, front and rear brakes. Maybe $700 in parts in 12 years and 230K. I have also used M1 0-20 in the engine, and M1 ATF in the trans. All works great.

That looks like a very well kept car! Lots of luck with that.

My son and DIL had a 2010 Fusion that had to have the evaporator temperature sensor replaced under warranty. I found a work around that I planned to use if it failed again after the warranty ran out because I wasn’t about to pull the dash out with my bad back and bad shoulder and bad.....(fill in the blanks).

Maybe you’re already aware of this one. It sure seems to save a lot of time and effort. They recently sold the car so I’ll never have to use it.

This was done on a Lincoln MKZ but it’s the same job as the Fusion . Here it is anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgSRQDjV1U#t=59

Well got the brakes done and the caliper. Taking it to work tomorrow to charge the ac charged, mvi, and windshield replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back