Add-on warranty protection for new parts.

Looking to buy a brand new radiator from eBay. Over the years I've bought plenty from there. They're cheap, all made in China, and most of them work well for more than 6 years.
Sadly, most of them only come with a 30 day return period these days.

Who has had experience with the "Add-on" protection warranties...such as Squaretrade or Allstate?

Do they honor claims of failure if parts are installed and used correctly in normal fashion, or will they consistently find user fault and deny deny deny...? Thanks.

I used a Squaretrade warranty for a TV after the factory warranty was up. They paid me to replace the TV, the process was pretty easy. I'm not a fan of extended warranties but on new TV sets it paid for me. Allstate I hate as a company so I wouldn't buy anything with their name on it.

I make it a rule to not pay extra for any additional warranty. If I was wise, I'd take that money saved and tossed into a jar. Eventually I bet I could pay for whatever didn't live up to its promises from dipping into that jar--that is my bet. most things will live up to par, a few won't--if I can't live with that risk, then I ought to buy from someplace that I have far higher trust in (dealership or store with a good reputation behind it, not necessarily brick and mortar).

My wife has done pretty good with squaretrade on cameras. laptops and other things.

Back