adams products

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in summit racing today looking at adams products, i did not see a one that said it was a wax. everthing was a spray product. anyone use any of them???

I had a quick wax spray detailer by Adams, it was nothing to write home about. I got a better, longer lasting shine out of the Mother's quick spray. I used to use the quick sprays between waxes, but now I don't care anymore, heh.

I have used the Adam's Undercarriage Dressing. It is nice to darken up wheel wells and has an interesting grape smell. I have also used foam tire cleaner like AA.

Before spoiler chimes in, I will reveal their message. They will tell you Adam's stuff is relabeled Chemical Guys products as if it was a bad thing. The product needs to be evaluated on its own merits: performance, price, convenience (use or purchase).

Originally Posted By: MKZman
I have used the Adam's Undercarriage Dressing. It is nice to darken up wheel wells and has an interesting grape smell. I have also used foam tire cleaner like AA.

Before spoiler chimes in, I will reveal their message. They will tell you Adam's stuff is relabeled Chemical Guys products as if it was a bad thing. The product needs to be evaluated on its own merits: performance, price, convenience (use or purchase).

It's not a bad thing but if you can buy a gallon for near the same price as 16 ounces from Adams, why buy from Adam's. I think it would be smarter to buy directly from the bulk company personally, especially since they sell to the public. NO? Adams detailing spray 9.95 for 16 oz, chemical guys 21.95 for a GALLON/128 ounces. Same stuff, buy from Adam's and pay 62 cents PER OUNCE, buy from chemicalguys and pay 17 cents per ounce. Some people would call that a ridiculous markup, but some people would call that fair, especially Adam and his kids who need new cars and to go to fricken Harvard, LOL.

Originally Posted By: Wasatch
FK1 does make some very nice stuff.

Oh heck yeah!

1000P / Pink Wax / 425 is a really nice combination that seems to stand up to the elements and it looks like another coat of clear on your paint.

Originally Posted By: Wasatch
Yeah, buy from CG instead, and put your own label in it, lol

FK1 does make some very nice stuff.

My unstated point was that I do not need gallons nor do I order anything else from CG's so picking up a bottle of Adam's with another order is not unreasonable for me. As I said, we each choose by availability and convenience. If I have a complaint, one of my favorite detailers will make it right. And from what I hear, CG is not easily reachable and customer service is not intended for the small user.

Cool bud, since the 800% markup doesn't bother you, buy from Adams. You are dead wrong about chemical guys, call them yourself and you will see. The bend over backwards for their customers and the few times I've ordered from them they threw in free stuff on top of their ridiculously low prices. Anyhow, I prefer Zaino these days and I wish chemical guys sold that in bulk cause it's expensive. But ir is the best most durable stuff I can find.

I've ordered once from Chemical Guys and won't order again. Compared to the other detailing suppliers out there, CG's customer service and order processing was far behind. But, if you have no other access to bulk products and don't mind the shipping costs, CG might be a good choice.

While Adam's product may not be very different than CG's, Adam's does seem to provide excellent customer service and appears very "hands on" with his business and clients. I do know he's focusing more on the collector car market, as seen in his advertising in Sports Car Market magazine and involvement with the swap meet events in central PA. I guess he's going right after the hot rod/muscle car/classic car market that's dominated by Meguiars and Mothers. I wish him luck.

I ordered my Adams product from Detailer's Domain along with other non-Adams stuff. CG does not sell other brands. I used it when I needed to bump up an order to get better discount. It is the only Adams product I use.

CG sells the the 16 oz Bare Bones for $8.95 and DD sells it for $9.95 (before the discount) so no one is really worse at 16 oz if that is all I want. A gallon is $28 at CG and $35 (Adams) at DD prior to 10% discount. Phil at DD is a really good guy and I buy from people I like even if it costs a wee bit more. No 24 hr help lines answered by a machine like at CG. Phil responds to emails usually with 5 hrs almost any time of day. If there is an issue, Phil will make it right.

Last edited:
back at summit racing today and saw adams has a buttery wax. anyone used it? i think it said you need another product to remove haze

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
back at summit racing today and saw adams has a buttery wax. anyone used it? i think it said you need another product to remove haze

You might need a polish to remove swirl marks, oxidation or other paint defects, but Butter Wax is a final-step product that should not need anything else to work. Apply with a soft, clean applicator and remove with a clean microfiber towel..... just like most every other car wax in the world. Nothing to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back