Acura TLX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought or test driven the TLX recently? I'm looking at a new car and would like some opinions. Looking at the base 4 cylinder model.
Thanks Smoky

my army son had two leased acura tlx tech package sedans in the past five years. he ended the leases early as he deployed overseas. just regular oil changes, no issues at all, but both were at mid 20k miles at turn in.

Well, I think you need to quickly go out and test drive one with the 4 cyl & DCT and let us know how you like it. Give it a good flogging...0-60 & 1/4 mile, Top Speed, 100-0 braking, lateral g's etc. HURRY!

Just kidding. On a seriously note, please let us know how you like it.
smile.gif

CB

I've heard people in reviews feel rather "meh" about it, but noone has anything bad to say, it just doesnt excite them for whatever reason. I personally like the looks.

I have a base 2.4 2017 TLX. On balance, best car I've had, especially for the price. Only 17k, but trouble-free so far.

Virtues:

More than enough power without the complexity of a turbo
Excellent fuel economy for a car this size: mid to high 30s at Interstate speeds
Comfortable seating, really good rear leg room and trunk space
Quiet, but with pleasant underhood sounds if you get on the throttle
Not a BMW but pleasant enough handling characteristics
Zero rattles
DCT behaves very well and doesn't try to duplicate the feel of a conventional automatic even though it has a torque converter

Minuses:

Drive modes other than "Sport" make the car feel rather lifeless
2017s didn't have full iPhone integration, but I think the new ones do
Sound system so-so

I'd buy another, except that Acura will no doubt mess with the next generation by adding a 2.0T and trying to push it up market and out of the price range I shop in.

My sister had a TLX and liked it right up to when she started driving her husbands 12 Mustang GT more,then borrowed some friends G37's and a 335i's for a few days. Well long story short now she drives an X3 335 MSport. The TLX is great if you want a nicer interior then the accord, good daily driver handling, braking and cornering and the reliability of Honda engineering backed with a warranty still in place. Like most Honda and Toyota products it is not a sports or GT car and if you really wanted something new in the vein of a 3 Series or G car tor Is-F, then no it's not gonna cut it. If you want something sporting from Honda, a last gen (12-14) 6mt SH-AWD TL for under $20k with 20-35,000 miles is still a lot of car for the money, and much more 3,G,IS-F, Speed6 like in it's dynamics and desire to participate in shenanigans. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back