Acura TL engine mount

I bought a 06 Acura TL from a friend for a good amount under market value, he was looking to unload some of his fleet. It’s 15 years old with159,000 miles. I knew I would be forking out some money for wear and tear items. The first thing I did was buy a set of tires. I went and had an alignment and the shop told me the side engine mount is stripped. The engine mount isn’t even connected to the engine.
I went and did the usual Google search and it seems like this is a common problem on the 04-08 TL’s. The bracket only cost $60 but you have to remove a ton of parts to get to the bolts. One of those parts is the timing belt covers. If I’m going to get this fixed, I might as well get a new belt and water pump if their right there.

Attachments

• 0747D5AB-B7C7-4794-9480-45EDC97DFCAA.jpeg
    0747D5AB-B7C7-4794-9480-45EDC97DFCAA.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 029EB08F-1DAA-4A1D-81BC-6DF7C81BE3FD.jpeg
    029EB08F-1DAA-4A1D-81BC-6DF7C81BE3FD.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 92
  • A46D5523-112C-4AA5-BA7E-505456479223.png
    A46D5523-112C-4AA5-BA7E-505456479223.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 91
Somone was in there trying to tighten that mount without jacking the motor up.

With those miles and unknown TB history, yea you might as well, although you're still pretty far from the whole job by just removing the covers, but if it needs done......

Your compliance bushings are probably shot as well if those have never been done. Plan on that one too, and the front engine mount. The rear is probably still ok.

Those tend to strip. Sometimes for no reason. They are 10x1.25 IIRC.

You can probably timesert it in car.

I keep that bracket in stock and replace it whenever I do a timing belt (along with all the other one time use bolts in there) when I do a timing belt

The timing belt was replaced at 102,000 according to a sticker inside the hood. I don’t know if they did the water pump at that time, I would hope so.

The timing belt was replaced at 102,000 according to a sticker inside the hood. I don’t know if they did the water pump at that time, I would hope so.
Up to you then. I'd timesert or replace the bracket and use the money to fix the few other things that will need replacing.

It's not one of the Ford engines where a leaking water pump will destroy things. If it leaks, it leaks, nothing to get too excited immediately over.

I would also be concern with the transmission on these.
True. The 2007 and later 4 shaft is what you would really want, but there were some improvements to the 3 shaft in the later years (after 03-04). If it's going to fail, it's going to fail. Put fresh fluid in it and continue on until it doesn't.

Spill & fill that tranny with Honda DW1 & add a bottle of Lubegard Red to it. Did wonders for my 08 TL in signature. Going in this Friday for another spill & fill actually. Another bottle of Lubegard Red will be added again.

Spill & fill that tranny with Honda DW1 & add a bottle of Lubegard Red to it. Did wonders for my 08 TL in signature. Going in this Friday for another spill & fill actually. Another bottle of Lubegard Red will be added again.
Your TL has the revised 4 shaft unit. Good bit stronger than his 3 shaft, but its not bad advice. I don't use a full bottle though, I just add 1oz per quart as I'm opening the bottles. No need to over dose it.

Back