Acura coming out with a new Integra

Nice to see that it's evolution versus revolution. I love it. They should make another Legend while they're at it. I can't believe they've stayed afloat with the current line of snoozemobiles they're making. Back to your roots, Acura.
I agree. It looks pretty true to form.

Just throw a B18C5 or H22/23 in there. Like to see it beat the CTR with hopefully roomier seats, 7 qt + oil capacity, adjustable suspension, and no triple center exhaust

Everything before the chrome beak era was a certified classic IMO
I Agree:

IMG_1563.JPG

Do they even sell TLX with V6 any more? Once they retired Acura TL 2008-2011 body style, it has been nothing but either hideous or homely looking TLs and that includes my onw 2012.
It was new for last year. Turbo V6 with 350 HP/350 LBF. Slightly bigger and heavier (and slower) than the S4 Audi.

It was new for last year. Turbo V6 with 350 HP/350 LBF. Slightly bigger and heavier (and slower) than the S4 Audi.

The only reason NOT to select an Audi would be to watch couple of maintenance videos on them and read the step "1) Drop the front end" for replacing say a radiator hose :) Or step "2) Remove the engine" for fixing the timing chain slack which might be buried in the back of the engine etc.

The TLX V6 - "it seem lighter than its 4201-pound curb weight"!!! What did they stuff it with? Granite Rocks??

Personally, I think it's a great idea that they go back to their original naming convention. The Legend and Integra had a HUGE following, just as the Accord and Prelude did. The people that were too young back then to swing a new Acura are older now and have money.

I don't see that RL, TL, CL, TSX, TLX, etc. did that much for them, and some of the designs nearly sunk them. They'll probably act like Ford, and give Europe all the good stuff, but I think it'd be great to see a new Integra and Legend here in the land of the crossover.

There is a reason the older cars had such a following, they were great products. Manufacturers are so concerned about having all of the cars in their lineup try to do everything instead of having a couple models that do a few things well. Ever drive a new CUV or luxury car? They are so similar the only thing that seems to separate them is the badge on the front.

The Jeep Wrangler is very different from anything else on the road, it rides terrible, is loud on the highway, and up until recent years you were lucky if you had power windows. It has a very large following.

I'm a japanese car guy. I've had a 2000 maxima stick that all i ever had to change in 175k miles was coil packs cause they were notorious for failing. A 07 acura tl that havent done anything mechanical, just replaced a motor mount. now Im in an 15 infinity q40 that i havent had to do anything except routine maintenance. So in 22 years Ive had exceptionally reliable cars with just routine maintenance Ive had to do. I'll let the german car fanboys spend time and money fixing everything that breaks on those cars LOL

I'll probably jump into EV for my next car cause I dont want the drama of dealing with turbo DI engines

Last edited:
I'm a japanese car guy. I've had a 2000 maxima stick that all i ever had to change in 175k miles was coil packs cause they were notorious for failing. A 07 acura tl that havent done anything mechanical, just replaced a motor mount. now Im in an 15 infinity q40 that i havent had to do anything except routine maintenance. So in 22 years Ive had exceptionally reliable cars with just routine maintenance Ive had to do. I'll let the german car fanboys spend time and money fixing everything that breaks on those cars LOL

I'll probably jump into EV for my next car cause I dont want the drama of dealing with turbo DI engines
You sound a lot like me - I’ve been a fan of the maxima over the years; especially back in the early to mid ‘90s. After that, they got too bloated and got away from their ”4DSC” roots.

But I’m not ready to give up ICE cars yet!

Back