Acura Bluetooth issues

I am unable to listen to streaming music from my phone on my 2013 RDX. The Bluetooth on the phone will not pair with the Bluetooth in the car. What can I do?
Is my car too old, or my phone too new?
The phone is a Samsung S20+ 5G.
Dont really want to use the audio cable jack input. I want to stream music like I can in my other car.

What trouble shooting have you done?
Is your phone’s system software up to date?

Clear out any existing pairing attempts in the phone’s BT settings menu and car’s BT history. Then turn BT off/on via your phone’s settings menu and retry. I like to leave the BT settings menu open in the phone while initiating the pairing from the vehicle.

Haven't done any troubleshooting. Phones software is up to date. I will try your suggestion and see what happens. Ty.

Bluetooth is a radio transceiver on both ends. One of them is failing. I’ve seen multiple alpine head units lose their BT, and I’ve seen an iPhone lose its BT radio. Try a different phone and see if it holds.

How long have you owned the RDX? Have you ever paired a phone to it before, or is this your first attempt?

I only ask because there is an EXTREMELY common issue among Honda/Acura vehicles of that vintage in which the HandsFreeLink (Bluetooth) module fails to go to sleep causing a battery drain. Many people chose to simply unplug the module and use a 3rd party FM transmitter or the like, given the OE module is several hundred dollars + labor.

Perhaps yours suffered the same fate at some point?

Back