Acura 3.5 RL ~ 211,000 Miles - Under Valve Covers

UnderVC1.jpeg

UnderVC2.jpeg

This car was dealer serviced until around 130,000 miles with Castrol Syntec Blend at approximately 7500 mile intervals.

Since then it has had various forms of Mobil1.

I really loved that motor in my TL SH-AWD! Super smooth, rev-happy, and took A LOT of abuse from me.

I really loved that motor in my TL SH-AWD! Super smooth, rev-happy, and took A LOT of abuse from me.
You had a J-Series, the one in the pictures is a C-Series, different design. Still a good motor, they just didn't build nearly as many of them.

Looks great! I wonder if that gold-ish color is just the normal Honda metal color? Because the cam is spotless! Lobes are as shiny and clean as new!

You had a J-Series, the one in the pictures is a C-Series, different design. Still a good motor, they just didn't build nearly as many of them.
J-series is an easy assumption as the head shape/design is so similar from the top. OP didn't post a year, so I had to stare at it a moment before I figured out it was a C-series, but I'm not terribly familiar with the RL. Giveaways were the plug wells (cast not tubes) and it's lacking V-TEC which is present in all Acuras equipped with J-series engines if I'm not mistaken.

That dealer service was near you ctecbob.

Correct it is a C35A.

Getting hard to get parts for it. Not sure how much longer it has in it.

Back