Actors that you feel "still got it"

Alternate title: Actors you feel no longer "got it," and actors that you feel NEVER "got it" (I'll just go ahead and get Steven Seagal out of the way, I was always bored at his movies even as a kid, even though I liked Fire Down Below, before I realized all his movies are the same.)

In honor of the "BAD movies" and "Best shoot-out" (again, the movie "Heat" is That's a no for me, but. Unpopular opinion, I hold it, that movie falls short for me in many ways.. even with "great production"..) I have recently been searching for things to watch for free on Roku. And I again found a Jean Claude Van Damme film.

Not only that Jean Claude Van Damme has again entered vocabulary this week... somewhat.. okay moving on, it occurred to me, I have enjoyed EVERY Jean-Claude Van Damme film I have watched. Even "Kickboxer: Vengeance" was good.

This movie was The Bouncer I think from 2019, from his home market. Part French... VERY good.

So. Who do you feel "Still got it," don't "still got it," or NEVER got it (Seagal?)
- Bruce Willis is on the border of both of the latter. IMHO. Actors that have reached the "I am an old man so I can just do whatever I want" phase. And they are correct...

Oh this movie was so good.

Matthew Rhys. Not particularly charismatic or "leading man" handsome.

Just totally and completely convincing in every role he plays. Like chameleon.

I am still missing Philip Seymour Hoffman, he would have been one of the greatest actors of the 21st century

PSH.jpg

Kate Winslet was Great in The Mare of Eastttown according to my wife.

Action movies? Fun romps but never even considered for great acting achievement ex. maybe in war action /drama.

Kate Winslet was Great in The Mare of Eastttown according to my wife.

Action movies? Fun romps but never even considered for great acting achievement ex. maybe in war action /drama.

I think I fall into the category of oldest millennial, isnt it 1981 on forward?

Back