Acer c720p 11.6 or hp stream book 11.6 and why"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide between the two spec wise look similar I think the stream book has faster processor and not limited to chrome book software but what do you all think would love opinions on which one to pick between the two.

I got the streambook and I was very impressed with the quality of the product.

I'd go for that since in my opinion HP has always been better than ACER.

Got an HP Stream 13 about 2 weeks ago...very happy with it. We use it for browsing internet, MS Office and to manage photos. I've been getting about 7 hours from the battery.

I got the bloatware-free version (signature edition) from Microsoft store website when they were $199 w/free shipping.

You will need a Micro SD card or two if you want to download and store a lot of stuff.

I just checked the website again and the Stream 13 is back to $199, Stream 11 is down to $179. Both with free shipping.

Last edited:
Those Streams are cool. I was wondering when we'd see the Windows version of the Chromebook concept...a super lightweight fanless laptop with minimal onboard storage optimized for web use and light work.

If you live in the Android ecosystem and ALL your life is on it then the Acer. Otherwise the HP Streams are wonderful fully equipped full Windows touchscreen laptops. They aren't Win 8 RT, but regular desktop Windows. Take a look at the 13 variant, it comes with free lifetime LTE data @ I think 50 or 500 MBs per month.

Regardless, they are great, café throwaway laptops. The CPUs are wisely matched for their use and at the price, seriously, just throw up away on ebay after 1-2 years when it gets too slow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: razel
If you live in the Android ecosystem and ALL your life is on it then the Acer.

Even if this is the case, the HP Stream is still a fantastic tool. Anything that can be done on a Chromebook can be done on a Windows machine from within the Chrome browser. I've been a big proponent of the Chromebook model because they're both inexpensive and fanless. They had no competition in the market with those attributes (at least that I could find).

Now that they've come out with what are essentially Windowsbooks at the same price, the Chromebooks become at least 50% less relevant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back