ACEA C6 LSPI Protection, Engine Chain Wear Protection & Turbocharger Deposit Control

Stable, stay-in-grade engine oil for improved fuel economy, with mid-SAPS Level, for aftertreatment system compatibility. Intended for use at extended oil drain intervals in passenger car and light-duty gasoline & DI diesel engines designed and OEM-approved for engine oils with HTHS viscosity of minimum 2.6 mPa.s. Relative to C5 these engine oils provide also low speed pre-ignition- and wear protection for turbocharged gasoline DI engines as well as turbocharger compressor deposit (TCCD) protection for modern DI diesel engines.

ACEA EUROPEAN OIL SEQUENCES FOR LIGHT-DUTY ENGINES

c6.jpg

Could this be the Dexos 1 of the European market? Has anyone see any 0w20 ACEA C6 oils available on the internet? I was looking at VW brand (M1) spec 508/509 and what I can find is still C5.

Probably exceeding. Mobil1 is aware of this since inception.
Makes sense it would. My Jetta Tsi is gasoline turbo direct injection which is suppose to be a candidate for LSPI. It calls for VW 508, a C5, so it seems like a no brainer that oil would be a lower sodium and calcium formula in line with a API SP/GF6.

Makes sense it would. My Jetta Tsi is gasoline turbo direct injection which is suppose to be a candidate for LSPI. It calls for VW 508, a C5, so it seems like a no brainer that oil would be a lower sodium and calcium formula in line with a API SP/GF6.
If you are out of warranty, move to heavier oil like Mobil1 ESP 5W30 or 0W30. They are MB229.52 approved in addition to VW504.00/507.00. MB229.52 has LSPI test.

Here’s Liqui Moly’s New C6 product. No VWAG approvals or Recommendations.

Looks like dexos d tbh which i believe mobil already has an oil for. The list is tiny as of now but i wouldn't be surprised if some bottles will have both along with maybe some updated german specs later down the line.

You'll also note the new A7/B7 - a high SAPS/reduced HTHS specification with LSPI, chain wear and turbo deposit requirements.

Back