ACDelco OE Service Filter Upgrades

Not to pooh pooh the link, but the ACDelco updated ecore construction has been seen on this sub forum for quite some time. 53' posted a PF64 c&p with the newer metal endcap design in April 2019. The now oft posted Super Tech 9688 also uses the same design. And recently a member posted a you tube showing the PF1127 (not for GM app), (9688/3593a equivalent) using the same design.

As for the accompanying link table, I don't take it as an all inclusive one. Says "top three selling" supersessions. My 'speculation' is all ACDelco for GM with older felt type endcaps and poppet bypass have gone to the newer design.

Last edited:
So, still an E-core, just has metal end caps now instead of the older plastic/polyester. Cool............................................

/sarcasm

Well, I was glad to see metal end caps. There was a really bad PF48E on here a while back. ACDelco catalog allows for UPF48R on my truck, however, I was glad to see an officially upgraded 64 for my Equinox. The ACDelco catalog doesnt list the UPF64R as an option for that.

Well, I was glad to see metal end caps. There was a really bad PF48E on here a while back. ACDelco catalog allows for UPF48R on my truck, however, I was glad to see an officially upgraded 64 for my Equinox. The ACDelco catalog doesnt list the UPF64R as an option for that.
The UPR64R PN 12670058 is listed for your engine code as an option (engine code LYX) per my GM catalog.

I would expect to see a lot more changes to come since only two companies make most of the filters now. Consolidation of designs and construction.

I sure like that filter efficiency at 20 microns where it just jumps right out at you the rest means very, very little to me its just more of that warm fuzzy that means nothing!

The UPR64R PN 12670058 is listed for your engine code as an option (engine code LYX) per my GM catalog.
Is that pretty up to date? I would certainly use it if you feel it is more trustworthy than the delco website. Is that a dealer based catalog you're drawing from?

Is that pretty up to date? I would certainly use it if you feel it is more trustworthy than the delco website. Is that a dealer based catalog you're drawing from?

I do GM parts at a dealer so I have access to their electronic parts catalog. Now it doesn't specifically call for that 64R for the LYX but it lists it as an optional filter. From my understanding they have a higher bypass/burst pressure for stop/start equipped vehicles.

Attachments

• 64r.PNG
    64r.PNG
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
Nice updates! Given the location on most GM motors for the oil filter I would have loved to see some grippy materials like the frams to make them much easier to take off and put on without needing a wrench. I tend to stick with Fram Tough Guards on my father's 5.3 just for that reason alone. The AC Delco can become slippery little suckers quickly!

Back