Accord / Jetta Saturday Detail {PICS}

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some of you may know I am a bit of a detail nut
wink.gif
The Accord was due for the weekly wash and the Jetta was in need of a full detail. I figured some of you would enjoy the pics so here they are plus the products that were used.

Just gave the Accord a wash and dry, using Meguiars Ultimate wash/wax shampoo.
20160430_100146_zpsjuwbivuy.jpg

20160430_095909_zps8nlp5d4v.jpg

Wiped down interior plastics and front leather seats with 303.
20160430_095955_zpsszlhp4qj.jpg

The Jetta took a little while longer. I started by removing the wheel covers and cleaning the wheels to remove the corrosive brake dust (OCD I know). Once that was finished I washed it with Meguiars Ultimate wash/wax shampoo then dried, then moved on to polishing. This is the first polish this car has received, it had plenty of hard water spots but no real swirls or scratches, just wanted to give the finish more clarity. I used Meguiars Ultimate Polish applied via my Harbor Freight dual action, once applied and removed I gave it all a wipe down with rubbing alcohol to remove the polishing oils. The final step was to finish everything off with a coat of Optum Opti-Seal, this stuff is super easy to apply and there is no buffing.

Removing wheel covers to clean wheels.
Message_1462031980201_zpscnlgfydf.jpg

All clean and shiny!
20160430_142118_zps1k0odptt.jpg

20160430_142135_zpsg7vugsjm.jpg

20160430_142319_zpsheyhifug.jpg

20160430_142248_zpsi3koxp4h.jpg

Wiped down interior plastics and seats with Meguiars Natural Shine protectant.
20160430_142503_zpsrtbxgdbn.jpg

20160430_142341_zpsegdi9lhb.jpg

20160430_142418_zpszs9h7p3u.jpg

I <3 clean cars!

Very nice esp of the Jetta since it needed a polish. Looks like you left the hose running while taking a pic of the Jetta. Great one two combo with the Megs UP and the Opti-seal. Simple yet effective.

Very nice! My Jetta really needs polished, (as well as the Camry and Expedition) its been through a hard winter. My plasti-dip has come off the rocker in some spots, but did its job in protecting them. We are in a lull of rain right now, so I'm holding off for a nice weekend.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I'll be moving to Florida soon.
I pay well for car detailing
smile.gif

Well feel free to stop by

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Great job.

VW has a much nicer interior than Accord.

How so?

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
Very nice.....must have taken all day

About 5.5 hours

VW has nicer interior layout, HVAC dials and steering wheel design. I don't like the Honda display on dash for radio/MPG info.

Ah, yes the interior is well laid out in the Jetta for sure. I give it an A for ergonomics.

They look great, you always take such good care of your cars. If I had the money at the time and if you had been selling it private party, I probably would have bought the 06' Accord it was so clean.

Nice work! How do you like the Harbor Freight polisher? I'm thinking about getting one of those but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Originally Posted By: pjhalifax
Nice work! How do you like the Harbor Freight polisher? I'm thinking about getting one of those but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Love it! Don't spend the money on the higher end DA's, this one is perfectly fine for the everyday diy'er. The backing plate on it chews into the pads a bit as its the same diameter as the pads but the pads are pretty inexpensive.

I thought the Accord EX-L had fog lights ?

Only the EX-L V6 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back