Accidental extreme OCI

Duratec are tough engines. That's why you see a lot of Ford Escape Taxis in NYC. I don't know now, but when I was there 8 years ago, the Escape Taxi rules the NYC streets. Also, the city & government have fleets of them, I know in Houston where I live they have.

Last edited:
I bought some oil and a filter thinking my oil needed to be changed and after looking at the mileage it was only 800 miles. If my son did this to his vehicle I wouldn't admit it to anyone. I once noticed my son wearing his underwear inside out and asked him if he was trying to extend the wear time by using both sides of his underwear.
You're probably okay unless you keep catching him licking the windshield.

it was "screaming" at him for some time.
no excuse can soften that.
Don't bother screaming. This was my oldest stepsons way of maintaining his car I gave him. In his words the best car I've had in my life. Two OCIs in just over four years. Burned it up and then he was walking until he got his electric bike. I couldn't resist asking him how the wipers and heater worked. Some people just need to learn through the school of hard knocks being an enabler is expensive and they'll never learn the lesson that way. Because they just think Daddy Warbucks will always be there to bail them out!