Acceptable Oil Consumption on GM HD vehicles

It must be fun for the service department trying to explain to people why their new truck uses so much oil. Do other new large trucks have this problem?

Why would they show you a service bulletin relating to HD trucks with big V8s when you're buying a small SUV with a 4L? Was it burning oil at 35k when you bought it?
This Should / would be for ANY new vehicle they sell. The new way of doing business these days is to build a vehicle, sell the vehicle, then let the purchasers find all the faults in that vehicle. Then deny the faults exist, then when it starts to affect sale of said vehicles, say they will look into the complaints. If it costs money to remedy the problems, wait until the government say they have to look into the complaints. Then, in what would be considered an "Act of good faith", make a statement that it's not as big a deals as what the thousands of owners claim it was. After a few years of tap dancing around the issue, the make a feeble attempt to make a few people happy, then drop the offending model or part altogether. So it boils down to you bought it, you figure out whats wrong with it, and you can pay us to fix it. My wife's equinox had to be burning oil when we bought it at 35k. My sister never mentioned it because she had the dealer check it over all the time, being it didn't cost her anything. Apparently they would top it off, and send her on her way. Only after we bought it did I notice this car ate oil.

It's too bad the GM dealers don't show you this report just before, you sign the purchase agreement. My wife's 2011 equinox burned oil at a rate of 1 qt every 750 miles. We bought it from my sister with 35k miles on it. Gm sent us a letter saying to bring it to a dealer for them to look at, their response was to do nothing about it. Even tho it was strictly maintained by a chevy dealer right up to the point we bought it. I'll never by a gm product again. I went rogue and thru the dexos "advisement" out the window, and use my own mixture of various wt oils to get the consumption level down to a reasonable amount. It seems vehicle manufacturers have concentrated on how many tech gizmos they can upsell the customer, and forgot how to build a motor that runs properly. How does "engineered oil burning" not increase the amount of pollution emitted by a vehicle?.,,,
Look into the class action suit on that Equinox engine. My brother lost his car due to not knowing it was burning oil and I had to show him unfortunately it was too late. Probably too late and you may not have any recourse but check into it

Look into the class action suit on that Equinox engine. My brother lost his car due to not knowing it was burning oil and I had to show him unfortunately it was too late. Probably too late and you may not have any recourse but check into it
Like I said in my earlier post, the dealer's stand was they were not going to do anything about it. We got the letter saying to bring the car to the dealer to be checked out fro GM, big waste of time. I guess the selling dealer didn't want to tell my sister, from whom we bought the car, that there was a problem with it. So when she would bring it to them to check it over for things like checking the air in he tire, or changing the wiper blades, they would just topped the oil off and sent her on her way without telling her her car was using alot of oil. They keep pretty good records of what, and when they do things to serviced vehicles. Plus she would go in about 500 miles early for her oil change based on the OLM. The warranty is long gone, but the car only has 69 k miles on it. It's a 2011.,,,

Back