AC system R34 Additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a can of this "Sub Zero" brand "Synthetic AC Booster".
Its hyped to make your cooling system run 18 Degrees cooler. On top of everything else in my '04 Tacoma lemon( Clunky Trans., Noisy engine, smelly interior) the stupid AC system isnt cold.

It should at least be OK.
It is the sealing additives - leak sealers that are frowned upon.
This sauce can help with lower temps under certain conditions.
Don't trust it to fix a bad AC system, though.

Originally Posted By: dickdog1
I bought a can of this "Sub Zero" brand "Synthetic AC Booster".
Its hyped to make your cooling system run 18 Degrees cooler. On top of everything else in my '04 Tacoma lemon( Clunky Trans., Noisy engine, smelly interior) the stupid AC system isnt cold.

Maybe its over filled now.With this new 134 [censored]- I mean stuff.. it is very susceptible to moisture. Maybe you should have it vacuumed,and refilled at your mechanics shop.that may be what the problem is.

I picked up a can of "High Mileage AC Booster" that was on the clearance rack at Strauss Auto in NY. It claims to "Increase Performance of Older AC Systems". The contents are listed : "AC Booster with Performance and Anti--Aging additives and 2 oz. of lubricant are charged into your AC System with Refrigerant 134A."
It is made by interdynamics. What do you guys think is in this 5 oz. can besides 2 oz. of oil? Would you put it in your car?

The ONLY thing that should be in a can of freon is freon or freon with dye, to help aid with leaks, any thing else is just marketing and should not be used because it's just [censored],all freon is the same there's no magic HM or synthetic that's for real.

Oddly enough, I tend to agree with Daman here.

Although the Harrison compressor on my '94 Corsica has started leaking past the end-plate o-rings. I've re-sealed those before in other cars, and I really don't want to do it again. So if the leak becomes significant, I might just try some of that magic stopleak stuff... see if it works.

Originally Posted By: onion

Although the Harrison compressor on my '94 Corsica has started leaking past the end-plate o-rings. I've re-sealed those before in other cars, and I really don't want to do it again. So if the leak becomes significant, I might just try some of that magic stopleak stuff... see if it works.

Sounds like she needs a shaft seal,replace it with a double lip, S/L wont work on that.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: onion

Sounds like she needs a shaft seal,replace it with a double lip, S/L wont work on that.

He`s right,I had the shaft seal go bad on my 97 Cavalier.Stop Leak did nothing for it.

No, it isn't leaking from the shaft seal (I already replaced that a couple years ago with the triple-lip seal). It's leaking past the end-plate o-rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back