AC/Delco with a "D" on baseplate.. Who makes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up some (5) AC Delco PF13's for my 2000 Jeep.. Notice that there is a "D" stamped on the baseplate, did a search for the maker on here but came up dry.. Decent filter? They were $2.99 at rural king.

Any help?

thanks

quote:

Originally posted by mh2800:
Picked up some (5) AC Delco PF13's for my 2000 Jeep.. Notice that there is a "D" stamped on the baseplate, did a search for the maker on here but came up dry.. Decent filter? They were $2.99 at rural king.

Any help?

thanks

Not sure if this is correct but it is my understanding that Delphi makes the filters for factory production (first filter on the car) and Champion? makes all aftermarket product.

Both Delphi and Champion Labs make AC filters for the aftermarket.

If the Anti drain back valve is visable in the center hole, then it is a Delphi filter, if not it's a Champion labs product. Both are good filters.

-T

T-Keith:

There is a coil spring looking item just inside the baseplate. It isn't up at the opposite end like some I have seen. In other words just inside the large hole the spring sits there..

So no worries in using it either way?

Sounds like you have a bypass on the threaded end of the filter. Are all the holes in the base plate the same size? With the D it sounds like a Delphi filter. Champion labs filters usually have two identical letters like TT.

-T

Hi Keith: Looks like one of the holes is just slightly larger than the other ones surrounding the large one.

There are some new Mexican made AC Delco filters on the market that ARE NOT Delphi OR Champion made. An AC Delco rep told me this after I sent him a suspected counterfeit filter.

AFAIK, no one has cut one of these apart yet. The "new" filters are a slightly darker blue, with the logo painted on, instead if the sticker that Champ / Delphi use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back