AC Delco spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am working on a 2006 /late2005 build date/ Cobalt. I just reoved the plugs on the 2.2 liter NA 4cyl.

All four plugs wear the 41-981 number code, but the #3 plug shows 12569190, whereas #1,2,4 read 12599232.

Not sure what all this means....

Maybe it had a misfire at some point and someone replaced one plug, my step-mom had a PT Cruiser that kept killing spark plugs and just needed one.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Scary car.

I owned a 2005, it was a great car. What's your experience with it?

Your application uses the same plugs as the GMT360 platform with the LL8 4.2L. 41-981 is the old part number, which was a platinum plug. 41-103 (12599232 superseded by 12569190) is the iridium replacement and superseded 41-981. Go with the 41-103, it's basically an NGK Laser Iridium plug with an ACDelco label on it.

Some GM 2.2 engines went through ignition system changes around this time. My Malibu 2.2 uses 41-105 iridium plugs and it has an ignition "cassette" recessed into the valve cover. It contains only 2 ignition coils and the spark jumps across the gap of every second plug backwards. Later 2.2s used 4 coil on plug ignition systems and used 41-103 plugs. I suspect the difference is that 41-105 plugs are iridium tipped on both the centre and side electrode where as the 41-103 has only an iridium tipped centre electrode.

Contact a GM dealer with your VIN and ask for the correct plugs.

be careful with delco plugs, I find now they all arent reboxed NGKs and infact some off brand garbage.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: zach1900
Scary car.

I owned a 2005, it was a great car. What's your experience with it?

Maybe it had ghosts living in it. That would be scary! Boo!!!!

AC Delco has went to poop with their sourcing quality.

I bought a radiator cap that had online photo of a Japanese label, but when I open the actual box after I receive it, it has a large M logo that indicates Motorad.

They are garbage these days.

AC Delco plugs are all I run with no problems
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back