AC Delco PF64 VS AC Delco UPF64R Cut Open Pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOGERS,

I have searched high and low and couldn't find cut open pics of the AC Delco PF64 or the AC Delco UPF64R oil filters on the net. I was bored at work today and decided to do a side by side cut open comparison myself and post the pictures. The UPF64R weighs more and has different internals, but the filter media looks to be of the same material, but just thicker and heavier duty. My car calls for the PF64 oil filter, but I am wondering if there is any harm in running the UPF64R oil filter. It looks to be constructed better.

Here are the pictures:

PF64:

UPF64R:

PF64 weight in ounces:

UPF64R weight in ounces:

PF64 dissected view:

UPF64R dissected view:

Nice write up so thank you. I like the UPF48 better also cause of silicone ADBV
smile.gif

The UPF64R ADBV was beefier and heavier duty over the PF64 oil filter. If you like the UPF48 filter, look into the Fram ULTRA XG10575 or the Amsoil EA017 filters. They are both bigger and have way better internals over anything AC Delco offers.

The end the bypass is on would make the decision for me. If filter has base up, the combo valve on the base end would tend to keep particles at the filter bottom. If filter sits base down then the top end bypass should be better. According to Ford Motor Co theory as to why they use base end bypass.
Actually with base pointing down it might not make a difference as the oil will still flush the bottom where particles might lay.

I'd have no problem using either of these filters. The UPF has a silicone adbv, so likely the preferable choice for extended ocis. The PF uses same thread end bypass used on some M1s, nice feature. Either preferable to the ecore alternative, 'imo'.

Thanks for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back