AC DELCO PF-48?? (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks. Factory GM filter off
Of 2014 Impala with 3.6 V-6 engine and exactly 8,500 miles. Looks ok to me. Any questions please ask away. Definitely NOT a ECORE filter. I am waiting on sayjac to hear what he thinks also.

20z4c3b.jpg

t8nbdg.jpg

2ibp17d.jpg

ojh1jr.jpg

j9onj8.jpg

20kadsm.jpg

zwbwxw.jpg

2pt1hsi.jpg

vgqwcp.jpg

Yeah that is nice.. Very solid
smile.gif

Hope mine is doing that good on my car.. Though it is the Fram Ultra.

Yeah man it has 7300 miles on it.. So plenty of life left
smile.gif

I am glad I started using the Fram Ultra when they came out. But I have to say that there was no real method at the time I got them. Just always had zero problems with the extra guard filters. So I felt the top tier filter would be a good choice
smile.gif

Hey that's identical to the factory filter that came off my Terrain. Did you find an ADV in the end cap on the cartridge? That's a really unusual design.

1kickbuttranger; some pics are close up photos and/ or may be way I phone takes pics.

Dishdude; the lil' black rubber ring in pics was on filter way you see it in pics so yes; unusual design is correct.

I'm confused, 'a tad'. Title/topic says PF48 but ACDelco filter shown says 'replace with PF'63'. My comment on other thread was about the 'PF48' noted with no adbv 'possibly' being an ecore. As explained there that's because ecores have an auxiliary base plate covering/hiding the adbv.

And I based my observation of the classic 'PF48 and PF48E' on the latest dissection posted on this board by DirtyMoe showing virgin dissection of both linked below. This shows the newest PF48E with the separate poppet bypass, no combo valve. But both have an adbv.

* New AC Delco PF48E and PF48 Cut

All that said, the 'replace with 'PF63' factory filter shown does appear does to be a 'delete' abdv filter, ie, no adbv.The nitrile collar over the bypass is just that, not an adbv. Like the other factory AcDelco recently it has thread end bypass, unlike it as noted it has no adbv.

But again, like the PF48 linked above, the 'newest' PF63 and PF63E over the counter ACDelco (also by DirtyMoe) linked next both have adbv's.

* Virgin ACDelco PF63E and PF63 Cut

In conclusion, it's interesting and curious that the topic'd factory ACDelco has no adbv but 'all' the newest over the counter ACDelco replacements linked have one. It's long been said here that having an adbv even where not spec'd is fine, ie.' hurt's nothing. The same can not be said for the opposite, not having one where spec'd. That makes sense to me.

My .02

Sayjac; I apologize if I mis worded or confused you. I had never saw a factory filter like this one cut so said "what the hay". Thanks for the links and all of your info sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back