AC Delco Oil Filter for Honda - A Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my parts supplier ran out of Wix, so I opted for an AC Delco unit for a 2005 Honda Civic. When I got the part, I noticed that there's quite a large distance between the gasket surface and where the thread starts. See the pic below to get my drift.

The OE Honda filter (made by Honeywell) I know has a lip where the threads start and the lip is parallel with the gasket. Part# I have is AC PF1127, so same size as the Fram PH7317.

I've never seen a filter with a base plate that deep from the gasket. Am I okay using it? Has anyone used this filter on their Hondas with success? I'm gonna do an oil service for a friend and don't want this thing leaking or to blow off!

Thanks in advance.

ACDelcoFilter.jpg

It's fine. All the champ filters look like that and have been used on tens of thousands of Hondas, and I haven't seen anyone talk about them backing off when installed properly. Use with confidence! :)

Originally Posted By: musicmanbass
It's fine. All the champ filters look like that and have been used on tens of thousands of Hondas, and I haven't seen anyone talk about them backing off when installed properly. Use with confidence! :)

Okay, thanks.

Hey, I'm a Nissan guy, and you live in the city where they build many of their cars.
smile.gif

You won't have a problem with that filter. I have used that on the Mazda in my signature for the last 100k miles. I have changed it in 3-5k mile intervals with no issues. You will be good to go!!!

Originally Posted By: AlphaMale8
Originally Posted By: musicmanbass

Okay, thanks.

Hey, I'm a Nissan guy, and you live in the city where they build many of their cars.
smile.gif

Yup! Smyrna; the town that Nissan built!
smile.gif

I've run many PF1127's on my 2003 Civic with no issue, although, all the ones I have used have a round gasket.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
I've run many PF1127's on my 2003 Civic with no issue, although, all the ones I have used have a round gasket.

Hey, thanks for your feedback. What do you mean by round? You mean like the gasket isn't as thick as the one I have pictured?

Bet it will be easy to get off with that huge gasket. Some of the thin gasket ones are a struggle after a long OCI. That being said, think it needs a little extra strain on hand tight.

use it with confidence. the other champ filters like mobil1/k&n/Royal purple are exactly the same. (base plate and fitment wise)

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
use it with confidence. the other champ filters like mobil1/k&n/Royal purple are exactly the same. (base plate and fitment wise)

+1, it is just like putting a Mobil 1 filter on. Same exact design on that end.

Just because the Delco is made by Champion Labs does not mean it's exactly the same as a M1/Royal Purple/K&N! There's a reason why those filters are much more expensive. They're better built! Now if you were to say the Declo's are just like the cheaply made STP's and Walmart Supertechs (also made by Champion Labs) then I would have to agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back