AC Delco Dexos D

This new stuff is getting away from me. I didn't even realize GM was using stop/start on their V8 pickups until the other day when the one beside me shut off and restarted at the traffic light. o_O

This new stuff is getting away from me. I didn't even realize GM was using stop/start on their V8 pickups until the other day when the one beside me shut off and restarted at the traffic light. o_O
It's also used in the I6 but can be disabled but must be done every drive cycle which is a PITA until it becomes an item on the normal start up checklist. For me it's fire it up, open the mirrors, disable the SS and go!

It's also used in the I6 but can be disabled but must be done every drive cycle which is a PITA until it becomes an item on the normal start up checklist. For me it's fire it up, open the mirrors, disable the SS and go!
Idk that I could get used to that. I don't consider myself to be really old fashioned, but when the engine dies at the stop light, I've got a problem Haha!

Idk that I could get used to that. I don't consider myself to be really old fashioned, but when the engine dies at the stop light, I've got a problem Haha!
Give yourself a couple of weeks of driving it in traffic. Maye you'll get used to it.

This was on display at the local GM dealer’s parts counter. Anyone have a GM auto calling for it? Other comments? Enjoy.

View attachment 29532
5D54B78C-2601-4169-8366-0C870B8C700C.png

Back