AC/Delco "CL" Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody seen one of these up close? They call it their "Classic Design" oil filter.
It looks like the older metal endcap style rather than the newer Duraguard Ecore.

Thanks.
The only reference I have so far is pictures from Delco website. The solid baseplate looks like the traditional Delco filter that I liked.

I've talked to him. He says that the appearance is the selling point. It looks like the Delco filters of yesteryear and is marketed to the classic car enthusiast who wants the complete "retro" look for cars that they may take to shows.

As far as he knows, the media and other construction offers no advantage. He says that they are bigger than the recommended filters made for the same vehicles (again, retro) but says the price can be about 20 bucks.

There is a AC Delco CL for one of my vehicles and Rock Auto sells it for $5.20. According to Rock Auto it is 9.6 millimeters longer then the regular AC Delco.

I'd like to look for the nylon vs. metal center tube if I had one in my hand. But I ain't gonna order one just to see.
(In Iowa everybody sells the same, most popular stuff. Anything unusual has to be ordered. Unimaginative "competition" between stores.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back