ABS problems 2016 Tahoe

A good friend has a 2016 Tahoe bought new.

Recently he noticed that the ABS would activate with brake pulsation even with light braking on non slippery surfaces. Has a call into the dealer for evaluation but has had no return call. Any ideas what would cause the ABS to activate when not necessary? No ABS light illuminated.

Thanks

IDK the exact setup on that vehicle however, the ABS tone ring could be broken or tooth gear may be missing some teeth in which the ABS sensor(s) need to count.

Could be many things. If youre in a colder climate that uses road salt I would throw my guess towards a sensor or its connector being all cankered up. GM had to repair thousands and thousands of them in the trucks starting around 1999 models due to corrosion. Of course the dealer did the "recall" on my 99 when it was around 6 yrs old, they got paid to remove the front sensors, clean the mounting surface and then treat it with rust preventative. Since it hadnt failed yet the tech just sprayed some of the rust preventative over the dirt on top of the sensor and got paid for the work. 6 months later I had to do it myself and pull the sensors for the first time since new. But but but.... the recall was "done"

ABS sensor and tone ring is internal to the front hub. Code scan of ABS will identify which wheel is acting up. Could be the sign of a hub bearing going bad also. Those hubs are lucky to last 100k miles.
Been there on my '11 Tahoe and my old '99 Yukon.

Back