About nailed a Deer this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can edit it down on youtube to the action.

P.S. youtube horribly over-compresses video

Originally Posted by spasm3
Sounded like the first one hit the side of your car.

I noticed that too in the video. I think it was just something shifting around the cabin. No damage!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Marco620
Thumbs up. Glad to hear Herman Cain on the radio

As much as I like Cain I was listening to Live PD stories hosted by Tom Morris Jr. They have some awesome stories from the retired Law Enforcement Officers from the 1970s-2000s.

Nice driving! I've hit or been hit by 8 deer in the past 15 years. 1 by 1. Missed many many more. PA is #2 for deer hits.

Whew!

I got my first deer in a Jetta (1988 Jetta GLI 16V). I was mid pass on two lane road of 18 wheeler and the deer crossing sign and clunk. No place to swerve so its head nailed the windshield and broke off mirror and dented my tailight area. Fur in the door handles.

Two locals heard the scanner and asked the cop to ask me if they could have the deer. Apparently in NH at least you kill it you can keep it. No interest in hauling it back to dorm.....

My biggest concern of motorcycle riding is hitting a deer. They are so unpredictable. They will cross roads all the time paying no attention to traffic. I did hit a deer years ago but in my Scion XB which was fairly new at the time . I forget the exact $ amount but it was high.I did not get hurt but on a cycle you could get killed.

I always aim my driver side headlight towards the road shoulder … keeps it out of oncoming drivers eyes, let's me focus on my relative lane position when I have a flamethrower coming towards me, and yes it helps me spot deer that could dart out in my lane …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I always aim my driver side headlight towards the road shoulder … keeps it out of oncoming drivers eyes, let's me focus on my relative lane position when I have a flamethrower coming towards me, and yes it helps me spot deer that could dart out in my lane …

unless they're coming from the left side

Originally Posted by Jimkobb
My biggest concern of motorcycle riding is hitting a deer. They are so unpredictable. They will cross roads all the time paying no attention to traffic. I did hit a deer years ago but in my Scion XB which was fairly new at the time . I forget the exact $ amount but it was high.I did not get hurt but on a cycle you could get killed.

One of my friends rode a bike for 3 years, and hit 2 deer. He stopped riding after that between the deer hits and crazy drivers. One ran into the side of him (he managed to stay upright) and the other he hit with the front wheel and managed to kind of jump off the bike. Both were on a back road at lower speeds, one at dusk the other in the middle of the day. His stories are also the reason I won't ride on the street, even though we both grew up riding dirt bikes.

That dashcam sure has good night time video quality. I have been thinking about getting one. What do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back