About Blackstone's new TBN method

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons I did the VOA on the German Syntec was to establish a baseline for the UOA I'll do on it. Now we find out they've chnaged their TBN testing method, so when I do the UOA, comparing the TBNs will be like comparing apples and oranges. Needless to say, I'm not too happy about this.
mad.gif

Does anyone know if Blackstone keeps a little of all the samples that are sent in? If so, I wonder if they would do another TBN test using their new method.
dunno.gif

Gman, I corrected the title for you to read TBN -Joe

[ June 26, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

G Man II, Relax, Yes if they still have your sample remaining I'm sure they will rerun with the new method. Most labs don't store UOA very long though.

I can take the different techniques into account to correlate if you are using our service.

Third option is to ask Blackstone to use the Dexsil kit to follow up on the UOA for comparison. As long as they have kits left it shouldn't be an issue.

Terry

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
G Man II, Relax, Yes if they still have your sample remaining I'm sure they will rerun with the new method. Most labs don't store UOA very long though.

I can take the different techniques into account to correlate if you are using our service.

Third option is to ask Blackstone to use the Dexsil kit to follow up on the UOA for comparison. As long as they have kits left it shouldn't be an issue.

Terry

I've sent Blackstone an e-mail to ask them to retest the TBN using the new method.

BTW, it seems the original post announcing the change in TBN methods has been deleted. What's up with that?

I just got an e-mail from Blackstone. They don't have any of my original sample left, but they said if I send them another virgin sample they will retest the TBN using the new method FOR FREE. Nice folks at Blackstone.

I'll send them another sample next week and I'll post the updated TBN number in the German Syntec 0w30 VOA thread.

See if they'll just run the whole thing again. I'm really curious about that high iron number.

quote:

Originally posted by YZF150:
See if they'll just run the whole thing again. I'm really curious about that high iron number.

Yes, send them a sample from a different batch this time to see if it too shows high iron.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by YZF150:

Yes, send them a sample from a different batch this time to see if it too shows high iron.

The only oil I have to send them (without going and buying more) is from that same bottle I sent in the first time. And I'm not going to try to take advantage of their generorsity by asking for a complete test when I don't need it. The only thing I need done is TBN with their new method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back