About an hour from now, Australia to hit 25M population

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember as a kid when our population was 3 million and Aust was 12 million . The ratio is still about the same.

Originally Posted By: ozdrrider
Currently he is saving money ($60-$65k) for another wife for himself to come out, which is illegal here.

Psst...don't tell him but there seem to be parts of Arizona where they do that...why anyone would want more than 1 wife is beyond my understanding.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
...why anyone would want more than 1 wife is beyond my understanding.

This +1.

Regarding the population increase, Australia has much less population density than the US or UK, which in turn have much less than say India. 25mil doesn't seem like a big deal to me, we have more than that here in Texas alone, and there are still vast empty spaces in many parts of the state, especially the western half.

Regarding the immigration, people who come to a developed country need to at least follow the laws. As for following cultural/societal norms, that's 50/50 at best. Ask me how I know, my wife is Brazilian.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Kira
Pack the Earth with as many people as we can.
Level the planet's contours with garbage.
Feel good about it.

And your plan to reduce the numbers would be...?

Mandatory sterilization....

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
...why anyone would want more than 1 wife is beyond my understanding.

I disagree...

1 wife cooks
1 wife cleans
1 wife transports kids
1 wife does the laundry
1 wife at Wal-Mart shopping
1 wife does the lawn and gardening

Just Kidding
smile.gif

On the diversion to polygamy...

On Oz's ABC, I was travelling, and listened to a lady from one US state who was one of 6 wives (I also on a similar trip for similar work related reasons heard lady who abandoned a banking career to raise snails for slaughter and the restaurant industry...both interviews were captivating)

The woman was a professional (medical IIRC), and one of 6 wives. There were a number of other professional wives, and the husband was professional.

Children were born into a loving family, and were cared for and schooled in "the home" (there were like three of those). The communal income was diverse. The husband could neither favour one wife, nor deny another...the others got a good night's sleep.

It was portrayed as a utopia by the interviewee.

https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/the-missing-girls-never-born-in-australia-20180811-p4zwxr.html

Quote:
A phenomenon of “missing girls” could be afflicting Australia, as a study of more than a million births suggests some parents could aborting unborn female babies or undergoing embryo selection overseas to have a son.
If nature was left to take its course, it is expected that for every 100 girls born, about 105 boys will be brought into the world.
But in findings researchers say indicates “systematic discrimination against females starts in the womb”, mothers within some key migrant communities are recording sons at rates of 122 and 125 for every 100 daughters in later pregnancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back