about 2 GC batch nunmbers...help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who're familier with my curent GC saga from my earlier posts in the last 2 days:

I went to AZ and bought 6 qts of GC. there were 3 bottles of the US made 0/30 behind these, and then there were 4 GC btls behind those!

After coming home, I realized that I have GC from 2 different batches:
4 bottles of: MO 23386B784
2 bottles of: MO 30426B T/W0504281

According to Pscholte, the 1st batch no. is a pretty old one, and can have high ppm of Iron.
How about that 2nd batch no? is it newer?
does anybody know?

knowing this would help me to interpret my uoa's Fe contents better, I think.
Will be very thankful if someone who knows about GC batch no's can help..

97tbird,

Your second batch number showed up among our board members later than the first one, but I firmly believe the difference in their ages (or their "total" age for that matter) is inconsequential to your consideration for use. Yes, the first one may have more ppm iron than the second, but again I would not worry about it. (G-Man II reported the VOA with 9ppm, but I did not see a batch number in the thread.) I don't have either of the batches in my stash but if I did, I would not hesitate to use them...and they would be going into my Audi A6 biturbo. I don't know any other way to try to tell you not to worry about it.

[ February 01, 2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
97tbird,

Your second batch number showed up among our board members later than the first one, but I firmly believe the difference in their ages (or their "total" age for that matter) is inconsequential to your consideration for use. Yes, the first one may have more ppm iron than the second, but again I would not worry about it. I don't have either of the batches in my stash but if I did, I would not hesitate to use them...and they would be going into my Audi A6 biturbo. I don't know any other way to try to tell you not to worry about it.

Pscholte,

Many thanks for the info; I just wanted to make sure all is ok with my GC; it'll be going in the car in a week...ich bin echt gespannt.

(Audi A6 biturbo? VERY nice car, my boss bought a used one with 12,000 miles on it a week ago.)
-------
btw, one of my wife's friends work at the AutoZone, and I hope I can get his help to order more GC, If my uoa is good, and I decide to use GC further.

I hope you have GREAT success in getting it and in using it.
cheers.gif

quote:

Audi A6 biturbo

pscholte- don't forget to keep your oil selection light, as the oil cooler lines in your 2.7t k03 turbos are rather small diameter, smaller than on the 1.8t, for instance.

Your first batch could possibly have up to 9ppm of iron in it, but your second batch would most likely be closer to only 3ppm, as it's similar to the batch number I had tested, which was M030426B T/W1240607

I've found an even newer batch number on the shelves here now and I'm going to assume it's got little to no iron in it now, so I will be mixing my other stuff with this new stuff in a 50/50 ratio.

So for those of you looking for this oil, try and buy the batch numbers which begin in M03 instead of M02. The stuff I recently found begins with M033.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back