AAP oil made by Chevron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the appearance of the AAP house branded oil's quart bottles had changed. Looking at the most recent MSDS dated for 12/31/13, the company name listed as the producer was Chevron. Same went for the house brand synthetic, which now carries Dexos approval. Rebottled Havoline?

Originally Posted By: salv
I noticed the appearance of the AAP house branded oil's quart bottles had changed. Looking at the most recent MSDS dated for 12/31/13, the company name listed as the producer was Chevron. Same went for the house brand synthetic, which now carries Dexos approval. Rebottled Havoline?

I think this is regional as well, as our is all still WPP here.

Originally Posted By: volk06

I was just browsing the website and noticed the change to the pictures of the bottles. We are usually WNE/WPP here too.

I was just browsing the website and noticed the change to the pictures of the bottles. We are usually WNE/WPP here too.

You're right on that one. I don't ever remember them being a white jug. I bet my store just has old stock yet, I'll be watching closely!

You're right on that one. I don't ever remember them being a white jug. I bet my store just has old stock yet, I'll be watching closely!

The white jug was a really old bottle design before the black ones. The quart bottle design is what appears very different.

The white jug was a really old bottle design before the black ones. The quart bottle design is what appears very different.

Its either a new chevron bottle to kind of match their 5qt jugs or its an Amalie bottle.

You guys are right. Those silver bottles are new, along with the dexos1 cert. If a Chevron product, I will move on from ST since I just realized they also contract with CITGO.Issue for me, I don't expect it to be for others.

I am still curious to know if Havoline is just rebadged Chevron Supreme.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
21.gif

Lol, you will find out if its the last thing you do, aye BlueOvalFitter?

Material Safety Data Sheet

SECTION 1 PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Advance Auto Parts Full Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30
Product Use: Engine Oil
Product Number(s): 223045, 223046, 223047, 223048 Company Identification Chevron Products Company Global Lubricants
6001 Bollinger Canyon Rd. San Ramon, CA 94583 United States of America www.chevronlubricants.com

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
21.gif

Lol, you will find out if its the last thing you do, aye BlueOvalFitter?

I used the link you provided in your MSDS post to e-mail Chevron. Let's see if they answer me this time.

Thank you for contacting Chevron LubeTek. We have received your request, and it has been documented as case #02164598. We appreciate your business and will contact you as soon a possible.

The LubeTek Team

1-800-582-3835

Option 2

Please note: The LubeTek Support ([email protected]) email address is not monitored. For questions or updates please contact us directly at the above number.

--Details of Your Request--

Is Havoline motor oil just rebadged Chevron Supreme motor oil?

Looking forward to the response...

Being they don't monitor the site I will most likely call them and ask my Q?. I will give them a couple of days to respond.
smile.gif

Looking forward to the response...

I received a response from Chevron;

Wayne,

Havoline & Supreme motor oil formulations are different with the Havoline being superior.

Thank you for your enquiry and please let us know if we can assist you further.

Mike
Chevron LubeTek

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 1/27/2014 11:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Lubricants – Technical Questions

Is Havoline motor oil just rebadged Chevron Supreme motor oil?

Michael A. Freeman
Lubrication Engineer
CLS, MLT II, OMA-I
[email protected]

Chevron Products Company
Chevron Lubricants
9401 Williamsburg Plaza, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40222
Tel 800 Lubetek
Fax 502 420 7076
ref:_00D3017zq._50070ZaDjC:ref

Status